Thread: Torque Response Tuning

Lifetime Member HellKnightHicks's Avatar

Default Torque Response Tuning

So now that modern ECM's don't directly correlate TB blade position with pedal to Increase Throttle Response we have to adjust the commanded power.

Example Chevy 2015 Z71 E92 ECM
    Table Commanded Power Mode A B8802

I notices there's a large dip in the middle of the curve. I have reduced that dip increasing areas of the table by 5% at a time. Then Smoothing.

I left the 0 TPS stock as I'm sure its a bad idea to mess with anything at 0% TPS

In order to get more power if I understand this correctly I have elevated the final Column from 320kw to 400kw. I know this is done based on https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ighlight=B8802
    However thats a boosted application. My reasoning/guess is that the ECU is never attempting to produce the full potential of the engine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B8802 Before and After.png 
Views:	330 
Size:	172.9 KB 
ID:	22694

Straighten me out here if I'm wrong.

I can edit this and we can make this a basic tutorial as my understanding solidify's.

Quote Originally Posted by HellKnightHicks View Post
    So now that modern ECM's don't directly correlate TB blade position with pedal to Increase Throttle Response we have to adjust the commanded power.

Example Chevy 2015 Z71 E92 ECM
    Table Commanded Power Mode A B8802

I notices there's a large dip in the middle of the curve. I have reduced that dip increasing areas of the table by 5% at a time. Then Smoothing.

I left the 0 TPS stock as I'm sure its a bad idea to mess with anything at 0% TPS

In order to get more power if I understand this correctly I have elevated the final Column from 320kw to 400kw. I know this is done based on https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ighlight=B8802
    However thats a boosted application. My reasoning/guess is that the ECU is never attempting to produce the full potential of the engine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B8802 Before and After.png 
Views:	330 
Size:	172.9 KB 
ID:	22694

Straighten me out here if I'm wrong.

I can edit this and we can make this a basic tutorial as my understanding solidify's.

What I have noticed is that when I DON'T turn this table up. the throttle blade closes to maintain the factory TQ rating.
    So I always tune this to go up above what the power of the car is making.
    I also have copied over a Corvette base throttle settings to a truck. It really helps with throttle response.

Quote Originally Posted by SOMFormula View Post
    What I have noticed is that when I DON'T turn this table up. the throttle blade closes to maintain the factory TQ rating.
    So I always tune this to go up above what the power of the car is making.
    I also have copied over a Corvette base throttle settings to a truck. It really helps with throttle response.
    What Corvette did you take it from... So that I may search for that base tune.

2014 Stingray A6
    It has the same engine.

I was tuning a Whipple Silverado. So I started with some car settings to see if I could liven it up a bit. Then I modified it further from there.
    The trucks seem real lazy from the factory.

Yea thats what I noticed. After re-mapping that table in a truck I was tuning it came alive. It was nutz. I was doing a drive and tune with him and he hammered it and the thing $hit got it. Didnt expect it to have that kind of get up from a stock truck. I dont know why the hold them back so much like that.

Any places i can find a stock file for that setup?

Yea thats what I noticed. After re-mapping that table in a truck I was tuning it came alive. It was nutz. I was doing a drive and tune with him and he hammered it and the thing $hit got it. Didnt expect it to have that kind of get up from a stock truck. I dont know why the hold them back so much like that.

Any places i can find a stock file for that setup?

E92 - 2014 CHEV CORVETTE Z51 A6 (12660065) - STOCK FILE.ctz

Thanks my dude.

Yea thats what I noticed. After re-mapping that table in a truck I was tuning it came alive. It was nutz. I was doing a drive and tune with him and he hammered it and the thing $hit got it. Didnt expect it to have that kind of get up from a stock truck.

I dont know why the hold them back so much like that...
    Probably to set pricing model Corvette>Cadillac>Trucks

Just picked up a 2017 denali. Its got the 6.2L v8. Quite lethargic at lower throttle. Applying same principal. Shame we cant tune the trannys.

I specifically picked this truck because we can still tune them. Im not a fan of AFM/DOD Probably cam it later.