Thread: Error $0371: $71

Default Error $0371: $71

2012 Ram CM2200 I keep getting this error 371.
    So if I flash it with a patch file then a stock file file it works fine. I've tried almost every single os thinking it's an os issue but still no luck. Anytime I convert a file to a CSP5 it will not take it and throws this same error. I converted 100% stock file to csp5 and it still gave me the same error. Everytime if fails i have to flash a patch file in to get it responsive again. A stock file gives the same error on the next flash if it threw the error. Just updated software again this morning and firmware and config files are up to date.

There is no need to continue to flash the patch file, once the anti-tuning checks are patched they are patched for good so I'm not sure what's going on there (BTW, $0371 isn't an error to do with anti-tuning).
    Can you post up your trace files here please? Also are you doing pass-through or Black Box flash?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    There is no need to continue to flash the patch file, once the anti-tuning checks are patched they are patched for good so I'm not sure what's going on there (BTW, $0371 isn't an error to do with anti-tuning).
    Can you post up your trace files here please? Also are you doing pass-through or Black Box flash?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I'm flashing pass through.

I understand I don't need the patch file for anti-tuning except the first time but the issue is after it throws that error no matter what stock file or modified file I try to flash after that it will not take any of them and gives me the same error. Now if I flash in the patch file again then it will recover the ecm and then it will take stock files successfully again.

I'll get trace files later. I'm not currently around the truck.

$0371 is more often than not caused by something on the vehicle, definitely no monitors hardwired in or anything like that?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Only thing of that nature is the aftermarket stereo which I can kill and see if that's it. But other then that this truck is all stock

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Stroker View Post
    Only thing of that nature is the aftermarket stereo which I can kill and see if that's it. But other then that this truck is all stock
    Trace file won't attach. I emailed it.

If the radio is on the CAN bus then it might be an issue.
    With the attachment try it as a zip instead.
    Thing is, it's a long weekend here and it's Friday afternoon....time is ticking away.

You should have the trace files in the support email.....

I have not seen them sorry.
    But I can tell you from experience that most of the time the $0371 trace files don't show much apart from the ECM just sending that error code back but it's always something on the CAN bus that causes it.
    I'll ask support if they saw the Email come through.