We're working with a guy who has a complete LSA engine, and a "built" 4L60e. He's referring to it as a 4L65e but upon closer inspection it doesn't have the ISS, so It's a beefed up 4L60e as far as electronics go. Anyway, after doing our best to convince him the 6L90e would be better, or even a 4L80e he is set on using this "built" 4L60e so that is what we are going to wire for.

My question is what hardware and operating system would be best for this? Is there a combination of t42 OS that an LSA e67 ecm would be happy with? I see some people running 4 speed autos behind LSAs with an e38 but that just seems like a few too many steps backwards. Also, I think they might actually be 15 pin 4L65es.

I'm thinking maybe there's some combination of 2009 hardware and software that might work? The end of the e67 tbss with a 4 speed and the beginning of the LSA...just brainstorming.

I've seen all kinds of info both ways elsewhere on the internet. Hoping for some clarity here from someone who has actually gone through this and knows what they're doing. Thanks.