Thread: E67 2.4L Ecotec - Throttle Position Issues

Default E67 2.4L Ecotec - Throttle Position Issues

Hi Everyone,

I am building a 2006 Cobalt SS 2.4L LE5 N/A 5-Speed Manual, to become an oval track racecar. I have removed a lot of the interior wiring harness, and am working through some issues I've recently run into.

After removing a lot of the interior harness, the VATS prevented the vehicle from starting. Since then, I used the patch to shut off the VATS, and get the car going. However, the car still would not crank when turned to the run position. I wired my own starter push button to power the starter solenoid, and since then the car starts and drives. However! In neutral, the car registers up to 88% throttle position and revs very well. When put in gear, the TPS maxes out at 40%, and therefore the car is completely gutless.

Would there be anyway to work around this issue? I can upload a data log if that would help. I know not much tuning is done with EFI Live on these cars, hoping you guys can provide some guidance or possible repairs for this issue. Otherwise, the car is working fine. Log_0000.efi

You have to log GM.ETCTP instead of GM.TP.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    You have to log GM.ETCTP instead of GM.TP.
    Hi joecar,

Thanks for the reply. So, I have logged Pedal Percentage, and it reads 100%. So the accelerator is definitely seeing the correct percentage.

Everyone on the Cobalt forum says the vehicle is definitely in Reduced Power Mode, and this therefore reduces the amount of throttle body movement. I guess my question is, can I bypass the Reduced Power? I am quite sure this issue is being caused by removing something in the interior. If I have to go through wiring I can, but it seems a little overwhelming. I went too wild with cutting, and I

Bump, don't want to bug everyone just wondering if anyone has found a way to permanently remove "Reduced Engine Power". Would like to ensure it doesn't come back randomly, especially while racing

Just to close out this thread. A tuner in California named Steve, who operates a company called EFIHARNESS, was able to modify my OS to run the vehicle entirely standalone. Steve was a life saver!

Lifetime Member

Glad you got it sorted!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.