Thread: Probably gonna be a stupid question but...

Default Probably gonna be a stupid question but...

Ok... here it goes. I'm looking for the best tuning software for my LS1 as I am a DIY kinda guy. I heard about the new V2 from ls1tech.com under a thread about "hand helds"... I dont have a Laptop only a PC... from what I've read with the v2 almost everything is logged on the handheld unit itself and I can make a tune on my pc and flash it to the v2 and then to my PCM... Just wondering If I was reading this correctly... also I was reading in the V2 threads that its not out yet. But I was wondering when you guys expect all the testing to be qomplete and ready for purchase?

Even if it came out today you would need a laptop, or a long usb cable to use your pc. Reason being the intial firmware wont support flashing from the device only that it acts as a passthru device like v1. If you have an LS1 Id go with v1.2 now and take advantage of the cheap upgrade pricing when v2 is released. Then at least you can get started. Waiting for v2 might take a few months especially if you need the full functionailty without a laptop.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Quote Originally Posted by z28camaro01
    Ok... here it goes. I'm looking for the best tuning software for my LS1 as I am a DIY kinda guy. I heard about the new V2 from ls1tech.com under a thread about "hand helds"... I dont have a Laptop only a PC... from what I've read with the v2 almost everything is logged on the handheld unit itself and I can make a tune on my pc and flash it to the v2 and then to my PCM... Just wondering If I was reading this correctly... also I was reading in the V2 threads that its not out yet. But I was wondering when you guys expect all the testing to be qomplete and ready for purchase?
    Z28,

Yes, you read correctly, V2 will do all that and more...

V2 is not ready yet, the EFILive people are still testing, and I understand that the hardware is ready to go but they are still working on the software/firmware; I also understand the initial release may be "feature-limited", but updates will follow later to implement all that you've read (and more); but V2 will blow away anything else on the market.