Thread: 2015-2016 LML hiss/rumble idle

Default 2015-2016 LML hiss/rumble idle

MODS feel free to direct me to the correct write-up thread and delete this one if needed. I'm having a hard time finding any info on this.

I am trying to change the 5th position on DSP5 tuning to make it hiss at idle.

I thought the tables I needed to change were Engine Operation > Turbo > Position
    -I am editing 600-1200 RPMs and 0-20 MM3s

Client's truck has a goofy inline device connected to the OBD2 port and I'm not sure if it's disabling my changes I'm making with the tune. Any help is appreciated. TIA guys

Quote Originally Posted by honduh View Post
    MODS feel free to direct me to the correct write-up thread and delete this one if needed. I'm having a hard time finding any info on this.

I thought the tables I needed to change were Engine Operation > Turbo > Position

Client's truck has a goofy inline device connected to the OBD2 port and I'm not sure if it's disabling my changes I'm making with the tune. Any help is appreciated. TIA guys
    Did you increase max limit too?

I did not. I’ll check there next.

Thanks! I AM in the correct tables, correct?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	22786

Confirmed min and max were already set.

The SOTF File or as you are referring to it as DSP5 is not 5 tunes, its one tune with a limiter value applied based on switch voltage.

You cannot make only one of the switch positions rumble or hiss and the others do the opposite.

Its not the way that particular setup works, you can pick one or the other for the tunes.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    The SOTF File or as you are referring to it as DSP5 is not 5 tunes, its one tune with a limiter value applied based on switch voltage.

You cannot make only one of the switch positions rumble or hiss and the others do the opposite.

Its not the way that particular setup works, you can pick one or the other for the tunes.
    Ahhh I completely forgot about this. So I will need to edit values on ALL low, med, and high altitudes? Do you happen to have a snapshot of the specific tables I need to edit just to ensure I’m doing this correctly?

Thank you!

Ahhh I completely forgot about this. So I will need to edit values on ALL low, med, and high altitudes? Do you happen to have a snapshot of the specific tables I need to edit just to ensure I’m doing this correctly?

Thank you!
    The editor has most of what you need to make it rumble or hiss @ idle, with respect to, that IIRC there is 6 or 7 single bit values as well as a "idle vane position" only table and 15 or so "max vane pos" tables that are currently missing in the editor and have to be found in hex, identified and a CAX created to see/edit them in the editor.

Most of what you need is in the editor, some trucks will hiss @ idle and then switch to rumble when in reverse or in motion.

Good Luck
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    The editor has most of what you need to make it rumble or hiss @ idle, with respect to, that IIRC there is 6 or 7 single bit values as well as a "idle vane position" only table and 15 or so "max vane pos" tables that are currently missing in the editor and have to be found in hex, identified and a CAX created to see/edit them in the editor.

Most of what you need is in the editor, some trucks will hiss @ idle and then switch to rumble when in reverse or in motion.

Good Luck
    Hey Tony,

I shot you an email. I need a bit more assistance if you are able to help. Thanks!

Bryson