Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Efi V2 firmware help - Firmware Erased - V8 unable to load firmware - Button missing

Default Efi V2 firmware help - Firmware Erased - V8 unable to load firmware - Button missing

I haven’t tuned any of my trucks since 2009-10. So my V2 firmware and boot block was so out of date that I needed to use the 7.5 firmware programmer to get it to a more recent boot block and firmware.
    But now I did a dumb move and somehow erased all my firmware through the onboard menu of the V2. V8 software couldn’t see my V2 before but does now except with a message telling me to update the firmware. Problem is the button "update firmware" in V8 is not there and since I erased my firmware, it appears my V2 is stuck in dead poll mode but I think it’s really because there is no software. V8 also says "Firmware version OK"
    The "Update Boot Block" button is there. When I press it, it says "device will remain in Dead - poll until the firmware is reprogrammed. Please program the device with the latest firmware now"
    I also tried again to use the 7.5 firmware programmer, but it says I need to put the V2 in Dead poll mode. It appears to be in dead poll mode with holding down the ctrl button when powering up.
    Hopefully all my info helps to find a resolution
    Any help and or experience and directions would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks!
    Happy Easter!
    Last edited by Mikee; April 21st, 2019 at 01:03 PM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

It may be a case of not having the V2.04.xx firmware up to V2.04.74 before updating to V8 using the on-board option.
    In that case you'll need to follow the recovery process outlined in the EFILive document: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery\ReadMe.t xt

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Mikee, let me know how you went

( follow the recovery doc mentioned by Paul: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery\ReadMe.t xt )

Hi, I think I have this problem. I cannot locate the referenced document. I'm running microsoft edge. Where can I get this document.
    Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by 2004 Z06 View Post
    Hi, I think I have this problem. I cannot locate the referenced document. I'm running microsoft edge. Where can I get this document.
    Thank you in advance
    After you have installed the V8 software, the recovery files will be in the installation folder, which by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery.
    Or if you are using a 32-bit computer: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery

Use Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer or Edge) to locate the document(s).

Regards
    Paul

Hi Paul,
    I found the document, thank you.
    At step 2, the referenced file is not there. I'm seeing FSPROGV2_07_140.EFW
    What should I do?
    Thanks,
    George

Hi Paul,
    I found the document, thank you.
    At step 2, the referenced file is not there. I'm seeing FSPROGV2_07_140.EFW
    What should I do?
    Thanks,
    George
    The recovery firmware images are in the same recovery folder as the text document you are reading. I think you're looking in the firmware folder above the recovery folder.
    Regards
    Paul

Yes you are correct. I found the file and attempted to program. It got to about 2/3 of the way across on rebooting and I got and am still getting 'connected device not responding'. Finally it said download complete. Flash scan screen has lit up and the blue light in the center is lit constantly. I pressed ok but nothing happened. Sorry to be such a pain.
    What now?
    Thank you,
    George

Yes you are correct. I found the file and attempted to program. It got to about 2/3 of the way across on rebooting and I got and am still getting 'connected device not responding'. Finally it said download complete. Flash scan screen has lit up and the blue light in the center is lit constantly. I pressed ok but nothing happened. Sorry to be such a pain.
    What now?
    Thank you,
    George
    The blue LED indicates that the device is trying to write to its internal flash memory (or an SD Card). If that internal flash memory is faulty then the blue LED may remain illuminated. Given that the firmware update process appears to keep failing then it is possible that the flash memory chip has failed. You could try contacting SoCal Diesel ,they are the contact point for repairs in the US (http://shop.socaldiesel.com/categories/efilive.html).
    Regards
    Paul

Thank you for your help,
    George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast