Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to AutoVe but car wont run without MAF

Default Trying to AutoVe but car wont run without MAF

I'm trying to do the AutoVE as per the tutorial but the car will start rough for about 5-10 seconds and then just dies right away and it wont start again period.

I tried all the parameters to see which one was causing this and when its when I set the MAF fail frequencies. All the other steps are done and the car runs good but it doesnt run without the MAF why is this?

The car is running open loop but not SD because of the MAF.

Also, the car has the following codes right now:
    P1518 "Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Serial Data Circuit"
    P0108 "Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit High"

Could this be the causing problem? These codes only poped up after I started using EFILive and I dont know what it really means.

Thanks
    2000FRC 408ci 520rwhp - 498rwtq Callies Crank, Eagle Rods, Diamond Pistons, Absolute Speed Heads, 244 248 cam, LG Headers, FAST 90, TPIS 90, ATI UD, 11.6cr, EFILive, LC-1 Wideband, RPM Trans, DTE brace, Spec 3+, Momo, etc...
    Custom N2O direct port setup with stand alone fuel system in the works

Idle and Revs

Well im going through the same thing as you right now. I just tried to autoVE my car and it wont run worth a $hit in SD either so no tuning for me, now i dunno where to start. If ya figure it out lemme know and ill do the same

Lifetime Member

I think that P0108 could be causing your problem. If the MAF is disabled and your MAP sensor is throwing a fault code, then I don't know what your PCM would be using to figure out fueling.

Get the MAP problem fixed and take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin
    I think that P0108 could be causing your problem. If the MAF is disabled and your MAP sensor is throwing a fault code, then I don't know what your PCM would be using to figure out fueling.

Get the MAP problem fixed and take it from there.
    I just dont know why the MAP is throwing a code because when I log it it reads fine! I really dont know what that code is doing there though.
    2000FRC 408ci 520rwhp - 498rwtq Callies Crank, Eagle Rods, Diamond Pistons, Absolute Speed Heads, 244 248 cam, LG Headers, FAST 90, TPIS 90, ATI UD, 11.6cr, EFILive, LC-1 Wideband, RPM Trans, DTE brace, Spec 3+, Momo, etc...

Idle and Revs

Well, strange indeed if there is no actual issue with the MAP, problem is with no MAF and a 'faulty' MAP the PCM is just using a default MAP value, hence it don't really run so good (at all).

Did you mess with the MAP scaling at all?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

If you can host up your tunes I will take a look and see if anything looks funky.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Did you mess with the MAP scaling at all?

Cheers,
    Ross
    No, I wouldnt even know where to do that! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Black02SS
    If you can host up your tunes I will take a look and see if anything looks funky.
    Thanks for the offer, I can email it to you, but I dont know where to host it.

Idle and Revs

email it to black02ss at gmail dot com please.

I found that the MAP only reads 29.2-29.4 kpa, this has to be it, now where the heck is it?

Idle and Revs

C6301, Engine Diag, MAP, Parameters.
    What MAP sensor is it running?, if it is still a factory 1bar sensor then make sure that is set to 94.4

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast