Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HPtuners..... yep i said it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
    efi live ain't going no where guys don't worry, i'm stickin.
    now just to get these damn motron injectors tuned in and the VE re-done.
    having some weird issues though. here is the link : http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...=535592&page=2

going to unplug MAF tomorrow and try and see whats going on

Glad to hear it. Anyone serious about tuning LSx engines will find EFILive superior in every aspect.

For us newbie's who never saw the realtime in v5, can we still DL this version to have a look/play? Will it work with v1.2 of the cable?
    .. Will I bust my 7.3 install?
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ringram
    For us newbie's who never saw the realtime in v5, can we still DL this version to have a look/play? Will it work with v1.2 of the cable?
    .. Will I bust my 7.3 install?
    V5 was developed before FlashScan so it only works with AutoTap's AT1 (GM) or AT123 (GM,Ford,Chrysler) interface cables. If you have one of those cables and it is licensed for use with EFILive V5/V6 or V7, then you can download and install V5 from here:
    http://68.178.219.18/software/EFILiveV5SetupFull.exe

It will not break anything in V6 or V7, they are all separate applications.

Note: The way EFILive V5 did pseudo/simulated tuning is different from how HPT do it. HPT have improved over what V5 did years ago and have managed to simulate their way around some of the problems that V5 had.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Paul.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

I'm pretty shocked at the response HPtuners has gotten over the RTT.. Anyone with any common sense can see that its just a fancy set of bi-directional controls.

Roadrunner is absoulutely real time tuning.. The other should be called real time hacking.

One thing I wish the moates guys would do is over the roadrunner as an external box with a weather pack connector to the PCM that way tune shops could save on hardware cost when they wanted to tune diesel, 98's etc.

I hate to say it but EFIlive really needs to jump on the ball and release the LS2/7 support asap to remain in the publics eye for a tuning solution. I respect the decisions to hold back on its release but on the other hand HPtuners is dominating the field as far as vehicle support. As someone who owns 3 LS1 tuning solutions including hptuners and EFIlive I can honestly say that EFIlive should be the ones dominiating the field. The software is much more powerful than Hptuners.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin
    I'm pretty shocked at the response HPtuners has gotten over the RTT.. Anyone with any common sense can see that its just a fancy set of bi-directional controls.
    I'm not shocked at the response at all... :wink:

... what about LS2/7 support release dates? I've got two LS2 trailblazer customers and an 05 GTO customer waiting ... on me ... and I am waiting on EFILive. Dates?
    - Marshall | http://www.performancemotorsports.com | Dyno Dynamics in the house!

You might just have to buy another software to get you buy.> I really didn't like doing it.. IMHO EFIlive has the most powerful scanning and tuning tool out there.. Its a shame I had to resort to the other guys to get the LS2's done around here.

I agree - I purchased EFIlive as they stated they were working it on and I knew I would need to get LS2 support within 6 months of my purchase. Time's about up and I don't really want to learn another software product nor get involved in lic/cost issues. I can say I am somewhat disappointed - the US LS2 cars have been out for what 2 years now? I just want a reasonable date from corporate.
    - Marshall | http://www.performancemotorsports.com | Dyno Dynamics in the house!

I know it would be worth it if you wait but some of us don't have any alternatives.. The business is very competitive.. especially with as cheap as its gotten for people to get into it. The last thing you want to do is let someone else have an edge over you.

When I started tuning professionally over 5 years ago most of everything was expensive, or you had to piece it together. Now you can go to one place and get everything you need including a support forum. That type of thing didn't exsist when I got started.

Actually if you think about it... LS1 tuning didn't start to get going until 2002ish maybe later..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast