Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HPtuners..... yep i said it.

I'm sure if they had a reasonable date they would provide it. But what good does forcing them into providing a date do? You will just be even more upset when the new date comes and goes. If they had a date to provide they would have already given it.

My advice is to seek alternative software and tune the vehicles that you have waiting. Make the money while you can. Then when the LS-2 stuff is released, you can sell the other and more than likely still be money ahead all things considered.

Then again these could just be the ramblings of someone who has inhaled way to much Duramax smoke....................
    www.socaldiesel.com

EFILive-DSP5......Switch your Attitude!
    EFILive-CSP5......The Smart Way To Switch Your Cummins Tunes!
    EFILive-DSP4......Switch Your Colorado and Canyon Too!

Lifetime Member

Im pretty new to the tuning market, but I have to say that IMO EFILive has better LL8 support than HPTuners. Both are good progs, but the EFILive software seems more powerful. It look a little more difficult to learn than HPTuners, but now after playing with settings I have a pretty mild tune that I can launch hard off the line and shift pretty quickly. I think I need to tune to run higher octane as the LL8s seem to like 89 or 91+ with the right. And, for a 6 cyl putting out more than 1hp per cubic in, its pretty good for an American muscle. 270hp for 02, more for later years out of 256ci displacement.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I've been tuning for a long time and have used just about every type of software available, including LS1Edit and HPTuners. Without question, EFILive is the best. One of the reasons is that Paul and Ross take the time to do it right. I've got a bunch of people nagging me for LS2 tuning, but we're not talking life-threatening consequences if it doesn't get done right now. I'd rather wait for EFILive than get something else, work through all the inevitable issues, then have to go back and clean things up when EFILive comes out. I did that once with LS1 tuning because FlashScan hadn't been released yet. I know some customers are impatient, but personally, I'll wait for EFILive so I can do it right the first time.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234