Thread: Firmware down grade V2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Firmware down grade V2

Hello,

I know it has been asked before, Is there anyway to 'force' a firmware downgrade? I find it hard to believe that it can't be done. And if not possible, on what chip is the firmware stored?

Matt

It has always been stated that no reversals are allowed or even supported. Did you loose something? What is the reason behind wanting to downgrade?
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

I just bought a used V2 for cheap, my first v2 has unlimited LS1B stream but the USB doesn't work and is not repairable, I have send it out. So the firmware of that one can't be updated anymore. The 'new' one was accidentally updated. For the tunes to work, i need use an older version of 7.5, 299. But that one isn't compatible with the newer firmware. so i would like to downgrade the 'new' one to math my old one

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by derkscustomcars View Post
    I just bought a used V2 for cheap, my first v2 has unlimited LS1B stream but the USB doesn't work and is not repairable, I have send it out. So the firmware of that one can't be updated anymore. The 'new' one was accidentally updated. For the tunes to work, i need use an older version of 7.5, 299. But that one isn't compatible with the newer firmware. so i would like to downgrade the 'new' one to math my old one
    Old tune file formats can be compatible with new firmware. Open the tune file, press save to update the format and you are good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

i realize that but accidentally upgraded the v2 i just bought and i would like to use both side by side, as soon as i upgrade my v7.5, the files generated by that won't work with my old V2 with the LS1B stream

Lifetime Member

It's not supported and not much else you can do. Cindy provided an option to upgrade your tune files, but once the FW on a V2/AC is updated, there's no going back. All modern software development is "fix-forward", newer firmwares and software versions have both new functionality and defect fixes so there's not a reason to use an old one.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I figured it out, I will run virtual PC on my laptop and install the older version and the new one.