I have Cummins insite, incal, and calterm. I have experience flashing big rings and heavy equipment. But Iv never learned how to do any tuning. I'm purchasing a 2006 5.9 that already has some work done to it including a tune and an adjustable switch(I cant remeber what brand the switch is). I have a few questions I cant seek to find answers for though.
#1. I use a Nexiq adapter for using Insite on heavy duty stuff. Will the Nexiq adapter work on pickups(I have the Cummins Duetsch adapter)and can I use it to reflash the ecm?
#2. Assuming my adapter works is this pretty much the process? Save pcm data using Insite>load flash file in efi live and edit>use Insite to reflash new edited file to pcm?
Iv always wanted to understand tunning a lot more but I dont want to experiment on customer vehciles/equipment so I never tried it. Now that I actually own a diesel I dont mind experimenting with it. Other than reading through this forum and others, are their any good articles, books, video I can check out to learn more about tuning diesels?
Thanks for any help!