Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reccomended wideband

Default Reccomended wideband

What is a good wideband setup to use for an 02 with an 0411? I've looked through countless threads and haven't seen many recent post's. I've decided to add gas tuning to my resume(some may recognize from diesel/allison tuning). I don't know much, but I do know I need a wideband. I still have my serial cable and external input plugs for my V2. I would also like one with a narrowband output so I can use an existing O2 bung. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Lifetime Member

I've used several LC2 for a little while with no issues.
    Years past I used LC1 but they very rarely lasted longer than 12 months.

https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc2.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member

I can recommend the NGK wide-band. It does not support serial connection to the V2, but otherwise works very nicely. (and yes I recognize you from over on duramaxdiesels. Welcome to even more fun with the gassers!).

Lifetime Member

Ive become a fan of AEM's X-Series after my LC1 crapped out far too quickly. Both my personal vehicles are CAN, so it's stupid simple to setup BUT the LS1B PCM isnt CAN, so analog is the only option.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I know gasser efi tuning is going to be a bit of a learning curve from my days of carb/distributor tuning, but you gotta change with the times. The 2 widebands I've been looking at are the AEM X-series and the PLX dm-6. I was leaning towards the PLX because I've seen it reccomended here and haven't found much if any bad feedback on it, but it looks like it doesn't have serial output. The AEM seems to have some negative feedback, but when you sell so many, you're bound to get some negative reviews.

I shouldn't need to do much tuning at 1st as all I'm doing right now is a marine intake swap on my 99 L31, but others that have done it have said the marine intake flows enough more air that there adaptives have gotten up into the -13 range, and required some VE tuning due to the marine intake flowing so much better without the spider injection in the way. Not looking to spend a fortune, but I don't want one that is going to quit on me after a few uses. I've had ALOT of request's to do gasser tuning from people who liked my diesel tuning, so I may get my feet wet doing some gassers once I get setup.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0184...rb_top?ie=UTF8
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U1...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by THEFERMANATOR; May 23rd, 2019 at 06:35 AM.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

I also seen this one. It looks like it does rs232 output for easy V2 connection, and 2 different programmable outputs.

https://www.amazon.com/Innovate-Moto...nnovate&sr=8-8

Lifetime Member

Look at what sensor is used, the Bosch 4.2 is ok but it's dated at this point. Most of the newer units are using the Bosch 4.9 sensor.

Not to be a broken record on the AEM X series, it will do both analog and serial (not sure if anyone's done serial to EFILive). I threw my Innovate in the trash and never looked back, I fought it for years and was too cheap to buy another one for my personal vehicle. Finally stuck the AEM X series in and it's been flawless for 2+ years now. Just make sure the one you get uses the 4.9 sensor, has analog output (all do), serial is a nice-to-have. The OBDII version is even better, but won't work with non-CAN vehicles. I don't have any experience with the PLX but I've seen them thrown around on here over the years.
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; May 24th, 2019 at 06:04 AM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

All of them I'm looking at are bosch 4.9 sensors. I had read serial was better than analog for datalogging, so that's why I was wanting to get one that had a serial port. It's new to me to need something to limit fueling, my eyeballs have done that for me up to now doing diesels.

Most of the AEM's have serial output unless they specifically have CAN output (i.e. the 30-0333/334).

If you're going to use the wb on a CAN-bused vehicle, the AEM 30-0333 might be good (EFILive logging CAN bus is fairly fast, about 40 frames/second).

Lifetime Member

I've got a pair of LC2s that have been working well. They are WAY better than the LC1s. Easy to daisy chain in to EFI also.
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast