Thread: Seed key/unlocking

Default Seed key/unlocking

Does the seed key get altered/changed even if locking isn't selected? I'm trying to get the .bin file out of my 0411 PCM to make some changes and I'm getting a locked message.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

No it doesn't get changed unless locking is specifically selected......then again on the LB7's they just liked to lock themselves on occasion
    I assume the behaviour is the same for both V7 and V8 when trying read it?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I can read it fine with efilive. I'm trying to read it out with another program and cable so I can get my tune file in a .bin format, and make some changes using tunerpro with some tables somebody mapped out that are not in efilive. I verified my other cable is good with a different 0411 ls1b pcm, but my pcm gives a locked error when I try to read it.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

You could always just ask us to convert your .ctz to .bin for you instead
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Literally just did this same thing. Although I had to sniff the bus while uploading because I couldn't read it out. It worked though.

Lifetime Member

Other option is that if you have the Tunerpro XDF file, you have enough information to make a CAX file to use in EFILive. Then you could make these changes inside EFILive.

One thing I did notice is when efilive reads the PCM, the displayed seed is $FFFF whereas my spare PCM I bought shows up as $2B76. This PCM has only been flashed a handful of times as far as I know from an 01 S10 to a 02 express, and a few cal changes I've made to it.

Ive had this happen before.Try locking it with EFI live with a key that you generate yourself. Then unlock it to reassign it a new OEM seed key combo