Thread: 2014 Buick Enclave 3.6 VVT

Default 2014 Buick Enclave 3.6 VVT

I'm looking to add more power and better fuel economy to my 2014 Buick Enclave. Nothing extreme, I just want better economy without buying a seperate tuner. I already own EFI Live V2 which I cought for my 06 Duramax and have never used the second license.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    *RED 2006 LLY Duramax w/Allison Crew Cab LT, EFI Live, AEM Workhorse Polished intake, Pinnacle 4" Straight Exhaust w/5" polished Bullydog SS Tip, BD corrected manifold, Diamond Eye down pipe, Blocker plate and finger stick, Transgo JR, Amsoil Dual Remote Bypass filter, 68mm Turbo by Danville Performance, 98 gallon in bed tank, 52 gallon main tank

Lifetime Member

Not going to pick up a lot on a gas engine vs a diesel like you're used to. Maybe 10-15hp/tq and 1-2mpg. I'd suggest playing with the transmission too, cleaning up the shifting will make it drive much smoother and should give you a small mileage bump.

If you want to play with fueling, you'll need a wideband installed. If you've never done a Gen IV ECM with VVE, it's a small learning curve but the same VE tuning principles apply. Just know that it'll never be perfect as having VVT means the fueling changes with the movement of the cam position. Log spark and see if you can add a little, if you're worried about economy then I'm assuming you're not going to run 91+ octane so you may have to actually remove spark so it doesnt knock.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thank you! Yes I know from my 03 Silverado with Diablo Sport I won't gain much. 2mpg is an improvement and I'll take it. Thanks for the info but I do have to ask. Gas tuner newby, what is a wideband? I'm also a little confused. I thought it's a VVT engine. It say's VVT on the engine cover. Man I sound like a retard compared to talking about diesel engines.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Not going to pick up a lot on a gas engine vs a diesel like you're used to. Maybe 10-15hp/tq and 1-2mpg. I'd suggest playing with the transmission too, cleaning up the shifting will make it drive much smoother and should give you a small mileage bump.

If you want to play with fueling, you'll need a wideband installed. If you've never done a Gen IV ECM with VVE, it's a small learning curve but the same VE tuning principles apply. Just know that it'll never be perfect as having VVT means the fueling changes with the movement of the cam position. Log spark and see if you can add a little, if you're worried about economy then I'm assuming you're not going to run 91+ octane so you may have to actually remove spark so it doesnt knock.
    *RED 2006 LLY Duramax w/Allison Crew Cab LT, EFI Live, AEM Workhorse Polished intake, Pinnacle 4" Straight Exhaust w/5" polished Bullydog SS Tip, BD corrected manifold, Diamond Eye down pipe, Blocker plate and finger stick, Transgo JR, Amsoil Dual Remote Bypass filter, 68mm Turbo by Danville Performance, 98 gallon in bed tank, 52 gallon main tank

I did a little research on wideband. So I sort of understand what it is. Can you recomend one that will work with efi live

Lifetime Member

AEM 30-0334 should be the easiest as your car is CAN, just plug power/ground in and plug your V2 into the OBDII adapter. Innovate LC2 is an option, Ballenger AFR500v2 is too.

Gas tuning is quite different than diesel, fortunately the concept of tq-based throttle from the Duramax is how the E39/E39A controller functions as well. Start with the basics, how to put the ECM into open loop to tune the VVE (E38 and E67 guides help here), then play with spark.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.