Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Public Release (Updated: June 12, 2019)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Current Public Release (Updated: June 12, 2019)

IMPORTANT
    This release saves *.ctz and *.coz tune files using an updated format. All new *.ctz and *.coz tune files that are saved using V7.5.28, V8.2.24, and V2.07.140 (or later versions) will no longer be compatible with older software or firmware versions. Attempts to open a new file using old software will result in error $0525 "Tune file is not compatible with firmware" or "Tune file is not compatible with current software version". Any customer that needs to open *.ctz or *.coz files that have been created or saved using this or a later version of the EFILive software, must also use this or a later version.

Tuners who support remote customers MUST ensure their customers also update to maintain compatibility.

Note: Existing *.ctz and *.coz files saved using previous versions of the EFILive software can still be opened by this and later versions of the EFILive software.

Release Notes:

Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.28 (Updated June 12, 2019) To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.24 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.008 (Jul 4, 2018) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.140 (May 26, 2019) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:
    Download EFILive V7.5 (Updated June 12: 2019 to fix issue #3)
    Download EFILive V8

Known Issues:

Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
    When opening *.tun files (or reading controllers) using the V7.5 software an "Access Violation" occurs.
    Workaround:
    Re-download and install the V7.5 software from the updated link above.
    If you have already installed the V7.5.28 software prior to the update on June 12, then the "Check for Updates" will not detect this update - you must download the V7.5 software and re-install.
    Note: your old *.tun files can be updated/converted in bulk to *.ctz files using the EFILive V8 software's Bulk Update option. [F8:Tools]->[F6: Bulk Files]->[Update Files].

Last edited by Blacky; June 11th, 2019 at 12:20 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

What is the work around for .tun files? I have some archived files i need access to from time to time and now am unable to open them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Millsy View Post
    What is the work around for .tun files? I have some archived files i need access to from time to time and now am unable to open them.

Thanks
    *.tun files should still be able to be opened using the latest software. If you have a *.tun file that will not open with the latest software please log a support ticket and provide an example *.tun file so we can try to figure out why it won't open.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks
    I just did some testing with some really old *.tun files, (10 years old) and some of them will not load correctly in V7.5 - they cause "Access Violation" errors.
    For any such tune file, you should still be able to open them in V8. Then re-save them as *.ctz files from V8. Then you can open the newly saved *.ctz file using V7.5.
    Meanwhile I will investigate to see if it is possible to directly support *.tun files that are that old in the V7.5 software.

Regards
    Paul

Oh wow, ok will do. See below if it helps (any .tun file)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efiliveerror.JPG 
Views:	285 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	22846

Oh wow, ok will do. See below if it helps (any .tun file)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efiliveerror.JPG 
Views:	285 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	22846
    As you noted, the problem occurs with all *.tun files in V7. Also as has been pointed out by other users, it also fails when reading any controller.
    A fix will be posted asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul,

Much appreciated

Regards,

Millsy

yesterday I updated to this version via auto update
    today I had a problem the the 7.5 scan tool will not connect to the cars it will show Error code: ERR_NOCABLE/31
    No interface cable found
    tried to restart and tried my other FS2 without luck tried to remove FS2 driver then install it back without luck
    then finally downloaded the full 7.5 and 8 files and install them and now every thing working fine
    I hope this could help if some body have the same problem
    EFILive Tuner

I don't know if this related to this update
    but when I try to read LS1B using V7.5 an access violation error is occurred
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	225 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	22852  
    EFILive Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    I don't know if this related to this update
    but when I try to read LS1B using V7.5 an access violation error is occurred
    Yes, it's a known issue, see #3 in first post.
    It is being fixed and an update will be available in the next day or two.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast