Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Current Public Release (Updated: June 12, 2019)

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    It may not be an EFILive specific issue. See this:
    https://windowsreport.com/loadlibrar...ed-error-1114/

    EFILive will request 3D hardware acceleration and associated dlls to be loaded if this setting is true:

    Attachment 22932

    Regards
    Paul
    You are a Genius!!! This fixed the dll error with V8.

    The 7.5 Appears to functioning correctly after clearing out the key as instructed earlier.

    So far, so Good. I feel confident enough to fix My actual tuning laptop.

    Thank you for all your help!!!
    Last edited by 1FastBrick; 1 Week Ago at 03:12 PM.

  2. #52
    Lifetime Member vortecfcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    You may need to set this setting:

    Regards
    Paul

    Attachment 22930
    Paul, I've adjusted that setting but am still not having luck getting .cax definitions to display properly. These are definitions I've used in previous builds fwiw. 15196784.ctz LLY_6784_Stock.ctz
    rename the little one to .cax and see if it works for you

  3. #53
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post
    Paul, I've adjusted that setting but am still not having luck getting .cax definitions to display properly. These are definitions I've used in previous builds fwiw. 15196784.ctz LLY_6784_Stock.ctz
    rename the little one to .cax and see if it works for you
    I'm sorry, I misread your original post to say "scripts" instead of "cax files". The setting I pointed out won't help with the cax files.

    Can you give me an example of what is not displaying correctly?
    Which ECM type, which operating system?

    There was a recent change that was made to the which *.cax files are loaded for operating systems that have multiple bin file layouts.

    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  4. #54
    Lifetime Member vortecfcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I'm sorry, I misread your original post to say "scripts" instead of "cax files". The setting I pointed out won't help with the cax files.

    Can you give me an example of what is not displaying correctly?
    Which ECM type, which operating system?

    There was a recent change that was made to the which *.cax files are loaded for operating systems that have multiple bin file layouts.

    Regards
    Paul
    Yes, the tune and the cax are attached in the post previous to yours. You’ll have to rename the small file to .cax.

  5. #55
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    Hey Ross and Paul,

    Something that is new in this release is getting this error when locking AL5 controllers with a custom key.

    Attachment 22926

    Everything was done correctly. Got a read from the TCM and then attempted the lock. As you can see something is happening where it is causing the Serial to read offset. Its the same serial, it just starts from a different location.

    We have attempted this on several controllers and the results are consistent.

    Is there anything else that you need from me in order to help you track this down?? If so, let me know and I will make the time to get you the data that you need. Its sorta important to us.

    The only reason we are using 7.5 is because I need to use a custom key, not a generated one from the v2 serial#.
    Hi Josh,

    Sorry if you didn't get a reply on this. I did test it and found the same problem you reported. It has been fixed in our internal build but it's not ready for release just yet.
    If it is urgent that you need to full-flash an AL5 let me know and I'll send you the internal build to get you going.
    And yes, you were correct it is/was just a 4 byte offset error in one of the V7 source configuration files.

    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  6. #56

  7. #57
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post
    Yes, the tune and the cax are attached in the post previous to yours. You’ll have to rename the small file to .cax.
    The latest software now uses the exact calibration file name (*.calz) that EFILive uses, just with a *.cax extension, although most will still be the same as the OS number.
    You need to look at the calibration file name used by EFILIve to see what you should name your cax files.
    For that Allison transmission, the calibration names are 3 character letter/number combinations. So rename your *.cax file to DF6.cax and it should be all good.
    Sorry that wasn't documented clearly for the AL5, I hadn't considered the impact of that change on Allison cax file names.

    Attachment 22938

    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  8. #58

  9. #59
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post
    AL5 FF with lock is critical for us. Orders pending. Please get the internal build to Chavez or myself. Much appreciated Paul!
    Tried emailing it but got this, I presume because it was a zipped exe file:

    gave this error:
    This message was blocked because its content presents a potential security issue.

    I've posted it here instead:
    http://download.efilive.com/Software...sh_Update2.zip


    Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by Blacky; 5 Days Ago at 09:33 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  10. #60
    Lifetime Member Chavez91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The latest software now uses the exact calibration file name (*.calz) that EFILive uses, just with a *.cax extension, although most will still be the same as the OS number.
    You need to look at the calibration file name used by EFILIve to see what you should name your cax files.
    For that Allison transmission, the calibration names are 3 character letter/number combinations. So rename your *.cax file to DF6.cax and it should be all good.
    Sorry that wasn't documented clearly for the AL5, I hadn't considered the impact of that change on Allison cax file names.

    Attachment 22938

    Regards
    Paul
    lol that was slightly annoying

    Thanks Paul for the clarification!
    Josh
    '04 LLY
    LML Hybrid with Built Trans
    500K Miles

    '05 LLY
    *Built Trans & Tune Only*

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Current Public Release (Updated - Feb 2019)
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: April 17th, 2019, 06:34 AM
  2. Known issues with June 02, 2015 Public Release
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: July 8th, 2015, 05:07 PM
  3. Public Release June 03, 2011
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: July 9th, 2011, 07:59 AM
  4. Public Release Update June 24, 2011
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: July 9th, 2011, 06:21 AM
  5. Public Release Update June 06, 2011
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: June 20th, 2011, 07:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •