Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Public Release (Updated: June 12, 2019)

I'm curious as to the reason why the tune file security is updated all the time.

Better compression/different algo to reduce file sizes?

I tried to read LS1A yesterday it finished successfully but show Access violation error after that
    this is with the latest fix
    EFILive Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    I'm curious as to the reason why the tune file security is updated all the time.

Better compression/different algo to reduce file sizes?
    Because people are thieves, they try to steal tunes and resell them by any method possible.

It has been a persistent problem for many years in the diesel tuning world.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Because people are thieves, they try to steal tunes and resell them by any method possible.

It has been a persistent problem for many years in the diesel tuning world.
    Be nice if EFI Live could make it where certain files couldn't be imported into a new encryption and/or maybe only letting signed files to be imported....

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Can you start V7 with logging enabled?
    To do that, edit the icon on the desktop by right clicking it and selecting properties. Then add /l (space, forward slash, lowercase L) to the "Target" field, like this:

Attachment 22898

Then right click on the desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator" because it saves the log file into the same folder as the target executable and it needs admin privilege to do that.
    The log file is called: StartupLog.txt

After the error occurs - before you clear the error dialog, check what the last entry in that log file is (use notepad).
    Then close notepad and clear the error dialog and see what (if any) additional entries are added to the log file.

Then send me (paul@efilive.com) the log file and let me know where the log file was up to when the error dialog showed up.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul, I am receiving the same error Code 1400 on the last release as well as this new one. I did an Uninstall and reinstalled the latest version from scratch.

Best I can figure if you open a Table and let it sit dormant for 5 minutes. For example Using an LS1B tune and go to B0104 and just let it sit for 5 minutes and make no changes and No Saves. Then just Close out of program.

I will send you some logs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	code 1400 efi.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	22920

Hey Ross and Paul,

Something that is new in this release is getting this error when locking AL5 controllers with a custom key.

Name:	_capture.png 
Views:	294 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	22926

Everything was done correctly. Got a read from the TCM and then attempted the lock. As you can see something is happening where it is causing the Serial to read offset. Its the same serial, it just starts from a different location.

We have attempted this on several controllers and the results are consistent.

Is there anything else that you need from me in order to help you track this down?? If so, let me know and I will make the time to get you the data that you need. Its sorta important to us.

The only reason we are using 7.5 is because I need to use a custom key, not a generated one from the v2 serial#.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

I'll test it today Josh and see if we run in to the same issue and fix accordingly.

Thanks,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
    Paul, I am receiving the same error Code 1400 on the last release as well as this new one. I did an Uninstall and reinstalled the latest version from scratch.

Best I can figure if you open a Table and let it sit dormant for 5 minutes. For example Using an LS1B tune and go to B0104 and just let it sit for 5 minutes and make no changes and No Saves. Then just Close out of program.

I will send you some logs.

Name:	code 1400 efi.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	22920
    I got the logs, thanks. Unfortunately I still can't reproduce it.

One thing to try is to close all V7 software, edit the Registry (run regedit) and completely remove the V7.5 registry key and all it's sub keys. The restart the V7.5 Scan tool, close it (to regenerate the scan tool registry settings), then restart the V7.5 tune tool and close it (to regenerate the tune tool registry settings).
    The registry key to remove is \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I got the logs, thanks. Unfortunately I still can't reproduce it.

One thing to try is to close all V7 software, edit the Registry (run regedit) and completely remove the V7.5 registry key and all it's sub keys. The restart the V7.5 Scan tool, close it (to regenerate the scan tool registry settings), then restart the V7.5 tune tool and close it (to regenerate the tune tool registry settings).
    The registry key to remove is \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5

Regards
    Paul
    Well, Luckily I tried this on my other laptop first which also had the same issue. I thought it was working ok after doing what you suggested. How ever V8 is pissed off now... LOL

Got to love trouble shooting...

Name:	V8 error.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	22928

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
    Well, Luckily I tried this on my other laptop first which also had the same issue. I thought it was working ok after doing what you suggested. How ever V8 is pissed off now... LOL

Got to love trouble shooting...

Name:	V8 error.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	22928
    The V8 software doesn't use the V7.5 registry settings. So the V8 problem is most likely not related to deleting the V7 registry settings.
    Try running the V8 installation again and it/should will fix any damaged or missing files from the install.

The error is most likely referring to the USB driver dll file located here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7-8\i386\ftd2xx.dll

PS. V8 keeps all it's settings (the equivalent of what V7 keeps in the registry) in multiple *.ini files in the folder: \Documents\EFILive\V8\Config
    It ended up being a lot easier to manage *.ini files while Microsoft was transitioning from XP to Vista to Win7, each major Windows update brought changes to the registry security settings. Using the registry turned out to be more trouble than it was worth during those years.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast