Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Public Release (Updated: June 12, 2019)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

An update has been posted in the first thread to fix the *.tun file load error.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Hello, I updated one laptop v7 and v8 and updated the flashscan firmware and all went well. Updated the backup laptop, v7 went fine. When I went to update v8 it wouldn't see the flashscan and would abort. I assume due to the new firmware update and old v8 wouldn't talk to it. I manually updated the v8 software without the flashscan hooked up and all is well again. Not complaining at all, just mentioning it for others.
    -Carl

Default VVE tables not updating

I'm having an issue with the VVE tables and copying a table into it and not saving with the programmer plugged in. It won't save the values I'm pasting. Notice the VVE table is captioned in blue and the coefficients table isn't although the screenshot shows values are changed.
    The values will revert back when I hit Ctrl-S or save through the menu option.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFILive - VVE table issue.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	22871  
    Last edited by gixxer92; June 16th, 2019 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer92 View Post
    I'm having an issue with the VVE tables and copying a table into it and not saving with the programmer plugged in. It won't save the values I'm pasting. Notice the VVE table is captioned in blue and the coefficients table isn't although the screenshot shows values are changed.
    The values will revert back when I hit Ctrl-S or save through the menu option.
    That should not be possible. A table that has modified values indicated by one or more cells with blue corner flashes should always cause its associated tree-view icon to also have the blue corner flashes.
    Obviously it has happened as shown in your screen shot - we just need to figure out how it happened.
    Can you please list the step by step actions that you performed to end up with the V7 software in the state shown in your screen shot? Hopefully I will be able to reproduce the problem and then get it fixed.

One thing to check: is the *.ctz file that you opened, tagged as read-only? Right click on the file in Windows Explorer and select "Properties" then on the [General] tab page make sure the "Read-only" check box is not checked.
    And along those same lines, when you press Ctrl+S to save the file, if the file does not save for any reason, then the blue corner flashes will disappear from the tree-view icons but not from the actual data cells in the calibration tables.

Regards
    Paul

Hello Paul,

The screenshots are what is happening and what changes on a save, by number order. the "03" named file also goes into conjunction with the first screenshot I sent and what is happening on the Coefficients page.
    The files are stock reads of GM ECU's.
    The 2011 Corvette manual tune was pulled off a car on a dealership lot a few weeks back. There was no indication of it being locked. I'll attach. This is the file I'm taking the GMPP 525hp file (I bought this ECU from the dealership).

The V2 is plugged in and the ECU that I'm shooting this into is turned on. The OS has been changed and the Corvette file was flashed into it as well just to make sure there was a complete circular path made. I know this wasn't a part of the requirement but I've been trying all weekend to get this to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFILive - 04 Modified file with paste, saved and value change.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	22877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFILive - 03 Modified file with paste from GMPP original file.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	22878   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFILive - 02 Modified file and table before paste.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	22879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFILive - 01 table being copied.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	22880  
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm still not sure what exact steps you have performed to make that problem show up. Could you please list them step-by-step, something like this:

1. Open file "A"
    2. select entire VE table
    3. Right click, select Copy
    4. Open file "B"
    5. Right click and select Paste
    6. Select File->Save
    7. Reopen File "B"
    etc...

Something that I can follow to try and reproduce the same results that you are seeing.

Regards
    Paul

Open GMPP 525hp file - Airflow - VE IMTV Open - Virtual VE Table, Naturally Aspirated - Click upper LH corner - CTRL-Shift-C
    Open 2011 Corvette LS3 Manual file - Airflow - VE IMTV Open - Virtual VE Table, Naturally Aspirated - Click upper LH corner - CTRL-Shift-V
    CTRL-S and it updates the upper LH corner cell to 600+ like in picture 4.
    It will not save the pasted value of "534" from the GMPP Tune or any of the the other values that I pasted in.
    The 2011 Corvette (E38) upper LH cell value (along with the rest of the cells and the independent value of each cell) is overwritten. It was 325 and I CTRL-Shift-V the entire table to the GMPP parts values. when I save it changes all cells to what picture 04 shows.

I was able to successfully do this before the update with a 2014 Camaro SS (E38) tune which works but not so well with the vette pedal, hence the need to update my tune to the 2011 Vette tune from the original GMPP 525hp (E67) file.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer92 View Post
    Open GMPP 525hp file - Airflow - VE IMTV Open - Virtual VE Table, Naturally Aspirated - Click upper LH corner - CTRL-Shift-C
    Open 2011 Corvette LS3 Manual file - Airflow - VE IMTV Open - Virtual VE Table, Naturally Aspirated - Click upper LH corner - CTRL-Shift-V
    CTRL-S and it updates the upper LH corner cell to 600+ like in picture 4.
    It will not save the pasted value of "534" from the GMPP Tune or any of the the other values that I pasted in.
    The 2011 Corvette (E38) upper LH cell value (along with the rest of the cells and the independent value of each cell) is overwritten. It was 325 and I CTRL-Shift-V the entire table to the GMPP parts values. when I save it changes all cells to what picture 04 shows.

I was able to successfully do this before the update with a 2014 Camaro SS (E38) tune which works but not so well with the vette pedal, hence the need to update my tune to the 2011 Vette tune from the original GMPP 525hp (E67) file.
    Maybe I misunderstood your first post. Are you saying it is saving the values but just not saving the values that you pasted in when you save the file?
    If that is the case, then maybe the zone boundaries are different between the two files. You may need to copy the zone data first.
    Make sure these zone boundary tables are also the same between the two files, then copy the coefficients table and regenerate the VVE table from the updated coefficients.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zones.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	22884

Also, if you want to copy the VVE table from one file to another, you should really just copy the coefficients table - don't copy the VVE data as that can introduce rounding errors, even when the zones are the same.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks for the help Paul.

Yes, it is saving a value but not the value that I pasted in there (even after checking the zone align for consistency).
    I checked the zone boundaries and re-pasted them to make sure there was alignment (there was on both files to the GMPP 525 (E67) parameters (there was no change with what I had already prior to all of this). Initially the value was different on the Vette tune (from my recollection) and the values were pasted in correctly.

I went to the Coefficients table and pasted it into the Corvette file and still don't get the pasted values to stay the same on a save. Each time I paste and save it cuts the changed values by half.

GMPP Normal VE Coefficients

Name:	GMPP525 Normal VE Coefficients.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	22885

Post Paste and save (values changed are half of what they were originally)

Name:	2011 Corvette Normal VE Coefficients after paste and save.png 
Views:	218 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	22886

I did check the zone edge align and there was a mismatch between the two "0" for the GMPP file and a "1" on the corvette file. I know you said to not paste this area but if it's a GM unmodified tune is there still error introduced?

Just checking a copy and paste with Zone boundary alignment and zone edge alignment, I still get a pasted Virtual VE Table, NA value that is not what it was on the E67 file.

Based on the two pictures above, when regenerating the VVE's from a stock map the coefficient values will end up being very different in every zone, that is done on purpose because of a bug in GM's code that we are working around.
    Essentially if we don't do what we do then you will find some nasty lean spikes randomly appearing.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast