Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12672612 OS in a swap no fire issue

Know if it's on a 2016 GM truck here is the issue all new GM require to have matching VIN and pin on the abs, ECU, tcm, ipc, bcm and on the steering column lock don't forget also on the vcm (OnStar) THEY MUST HAVE MATCHING VIN AND PIN! Also you cannot purchase used modules or ECU because once they are programmed to a VIN it also writes the pin and you cannot change the pin on them. The VIN maybe but not the pin unless you read the eeprom on it and change it thru the eeprom then you won't have anny issues but for that u must open the ECU to clip the chip to read it modify it then write to it other wise you will need to purchase new ecus or modules. Now if you have all kinds of different modules on it your cheapest route is buy HP tuners and remove the vats disable the vats codes and there your all good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by sikkls2 View Post
    Ok I know alot about these new gen GM first thing is this a motor swap or it's in a actual 2016 GM truck? Another thing from my experience I have not been able to remove the vats on a 2015 and up GM with efi live I have installed the patch changed the os on it and everything and nothing it flashes correctly and everything but no crank nothing. Then I purchased HP tuners and removed the vats and disable the starter crap then I full flashed it and the truck started like a champ.
    Well, you are confirming what I was afraid of. Everything we are dealing with are swaps (aka a standalone ecm/harness in a classic). We are currently trying to get the ECM and harness to run on our test stand engine. We have done a dozen e92 setups just like this. So far we have found that the 2014 ECMs work fine, VATS turns off, everything is happy. The same goes for 2017 ECMs with the more complex security key (we haven't tried anything newer than 2017). However we have yet to get a 2015 or 2016 ECM to run stand alone. I have 4 ECMs sitting here in front of me with $125 license spent on each one and none will fire up. I've ended up going to the local salvager and paying to get 2014 ECMs to replace the customers 2015/2016 because we simply can't make them run. I'm hoping someone from EFILive can reply with an answer. Thanks for the insight.

What needs to be understood is the VATS OS patch is unique to EVERY OS on every ECM type. They did change the code that we patch in about 16 or so.
    There should only be a few steps needed to make this work.

1 - VATS patch applied to the OS (and full flashed of course).
    2 - Starter Diagnostic disabled (if no starter relay is fitted).
    3 - VATS type set to 2 or 3 (I think they need this step).

Last thing I want to see is you having all those ECM's lying around unusable, are you able to please send the reads from those four ECM's to support@efilive.com. We need the stock reads only, not the files you've been trying to get running.
    Lets do this methodical, start fresh and see if we can solve it.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I'm traveling for a couple days, will get clean files sent soon. I do not see a VATs option on the 2016 and 2015 OS in question. I do see it in the 2014s and it's critical to find the right one or the engine won't run. Thanks

I do not see VATS "type" in these OS, for clarification.

Ok, in all the files you send in (when you get a chance) I will make sure they all have the three options, OS Patch, VATS type and Starter Diagnostic added in for you.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Perfect, thank you!

Here are 3 of my 4 files in question. I have one more 2016 OS #12672612 but I couldn't seem to find where I saved it, I will try to find it later. Anyway, the 2016 #1 file is the one I have been dealing with most recently. Thank you!

2015 Silverado e92 STOCK 5.3 (12664769).ctz

2016 Silverado e92 STOCK (12672612) #2.ctz

2016 Silverado e92 STOCK (12672612) #1.ctz

Anything on this? Thanks.

I am swamped at the moment sorry, I did not see you post these on here but Andrew forwarded your Email to me this morning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast