Thread: Idle Air control and 02 Heater performance

Default Idle Air control and 02 Heater performance

I have just finished a LS Swap into a 2000 BMW 323C1. It is a 2005 LM7 with a 2002 LS! computer intake and accessories. It is a manual. I removed all of the emissions stuff, set the Cylinder volume to a 5.3 from 5.7 and removed VATS. It starts and runs great however I keep getting the codes below. Idle is good What do I need to do to address these? Any concern? Any help is appreciated!!

P0135 O2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1
    P0155 O2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1
    P0507 IAC RPM Too High

Are you running front O2 sensors...?
    How is the O2 heater circuit wired...?

I would start by swapping in a 02 LM7 engine segment. There's alot more changes than just VE and cylinder volume between an LS1 and LM7. Then I would be checking your wiring for your O2 heaters. The IAC code is probably due to incorrect IAC surface area settings
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Joecar, I deleted the rear O2 sensors and left the front o2's wired as they were. I had so many parts from different cars I don't know what o2's went back in. I did replace one of the o2 connectors with a separate one. My next step there is to verify 12v+ at the o2's. Are all 4 wire 02's created equal? From 99 to 05 LSx and LM7?

Thefermanator, This is where I don't know what I don't know. How do I go about swaping segments? I will search but if yo u have a quick link I'll take it. I am new to this and just happy I have the car running as good as it does and I was able to remove all of the emissions stuff!!! I want to learn how to tune but just cant quite follow the autove doc.

I tried to do a segment swap today with no success. Just to recap I have a 5.3 LM7 stock engine with a complete 2001 Trans am F body intake, injectors, knock sensors, MAF etc. I have this mated to a Nissan manual transmission. As of right now I am running a complete LS1 2001 manual tune I downloaded from the Dropbox location I found on this forum. The car runs good and I have ordered a wideband 02 to start tuning however I figured swapping in a LM7 engine calibration would help it run better.

OK here is what I tried. I loaded up the tune I am using and then an automatic LM7 tune with the same OS ID as the alternate. I did a complete engine calibration segment swap and then went back and replaced all of the injector and MAF tables from the LS1. I also disabled the traction control. After flashing this to the ECU the car starts and idles but wont rev past 1500. Any ideas? Am I going down the right path or should I just use the LS1 base tune and do an autove once I get my Wideband 02?

Lifetime Member

You need to pick what O2s to run, and use the engine segment from the matching vehicle. The LM7 I don't think was mated to the 5spd, but there are 5spd 4.8L Silverado out there.
    You're going to need a WBO2 ASAP regardless.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

got my wide band 02 installed and went through the autove process today. Need to spend more time hitting the cells and playing around but I think I have the basics down.
    Stock 5.3 VE
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stock-5.3-ve-table.JPG 
Views:	240 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	23012
    My tune
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my-first-tune-ve-table.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	23011

Lifetime Member

You need to make sure to smooth out any spikes, I would knock that massive random spike down as it's not accurate. Use ~50-100 cell hits before you start using your log data and make sure you have followed the AutoVET procedure.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks for the feedback. This was my very first run and I assumed I needed to get a higher cell hit count to be more accurate. This was derived forma 45 min drive my lowest hits were around 30 and high hits were in the 1000's. As I am sure you know the High RPM mid pressures are hard to hit. The neat part is when I look at the 5.3 chart vs the 5.7 chart and then compare to my tune my tune seems to mimic the 5.7 chart only less air intake overall. I believe this is the case since I have the LS! intake on the 5.3 motor.