Thread: Idle Air control and 02 Heater performance

Default Idle Air control and 02 Heater performance

I have just finished a LS Swap into a 2000 BMW 323C1. It is a 2005 LM7 with a 2002 LS! computer intake and accessories. It is a manual. I removed all of the emissions stuff, set the Cylinder volume to a 5.3 from 5.7 and removed VATS. It starts and runs great however I keep getting the codes below. Idle is good What do I need to do to address these? Any concern? Any help is appreciated!!

P0135 O2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1
    P0155 O2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1
    P0507 IAC RPM Too High

Are you running front O2 sensors...?
    How is the O2 heater circuit wired...?

I would start by swapping in a 02 LM7 engine segment. There's alot more changes than just VE and cylinder volume between an LS1 and LM7. Then I would be checking your wiring for your O2 heaters. The IAC code is probably due to incorrect IAC surface area settings
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Joecar, I deleted the rear O2 sensors and left the front o2's wired as they were. I had so many parts from different cars I don't know what o2's went back in. I did replace one of the o2 connectors with a separate one. My next step there is to verify 12v+ at the o2's. Are all 4 wire 02's created equal? From 99 to 05 LSx and LM7?

Thefermanator, This is where I don't know what I don't know. How do I go about swaping segments? I will search but if yo u have a quick link I'll take it. I am new to this and just happy I have the car running as good as it does and I was able to remove all of the emissions stuff!!! I want to learn how to tune but just cant quite follow the autove doc.