Thread: EFILive tuning licensing

Default EFILive tuning licensing

Ok I need some one to explain to me if I purchase an EFI Live product and it

Lifetime Member

Your post was cut off, I'm assuming you posted using Tapatalk (known bug with the app).

EFILive licensing works like this for FlashScan V2:
    1. You need a tuning license (GM or Cummins) to "activate" those manufactures controllers' for your V2 - you will chose either or both during initial purchase. I.E. If you want to tune a Corvette or Duramax, you need the GM license. If you want to tune your Dodge/RAM Cummins, you need the Cummins license. You can add the other tuning option to your V2 as a license upgrade at any time for a fee via the online store.

2. You need a VIN license to license each controller you flash (reading, scanning, clearing DTCs is free for all controllers). This includes PCMs, ECMs, and TCMs (BCMs too). Note, a VIN license includes a PCM/ECM and TCM/BCM license slot. Once you license the controller with your V2, it is "married"/linked forever and can be flashed unlimited times for no additional cost.

A new FlashScan V2 will come with (at least) 1 tuning license activated and 2 VIN licenses when purchased new from EFILive or a reseller.

If you want to tune HD Cummins, you'll need a FlashScan HD which is different physical hardware.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Yeah I know all about the different tunning packages and vin license. I have a V2 with the Cummins and the GM gas and diesel and 2 streaming, so I

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marc solar View Post
    Yeah I know all about the different tunning packages and vin license. I have a V2 with the Cummins and the GM gas and diesel and 2 streaming, so I
    You
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hey cindy, don

I got a flashscan V2 with GM and Cummins tunning and went to buy some tunes from a website that the tuner saws EFILive products and saw son custom tunes advertised as efilive tunes and ordered the product and sent my money and when I had heard anything two days later I called and gave all my info and what I wanted to purchase and was refunded my money and was told I couldn

Marc, post from a computer, Tapatalk keeps cutting off your posts.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default Dps5 switch issues and v2 errors

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Your post was cut off, I'm assuming you posted using Tapatalk (known bug with the app).

EFILive licensing works like this for FlashScan V2:
    1. You need a tuning license (GM or Cummins) to "activate" those manufactures controllers' for your V2 - you will chose either or both during initial purchase. I.E. If you want to tune a Corvette or Duramax, you need the GM license. If you want to tune your Dodge/RAM Cummins, you need the Cummins license. You can add the other tuning option to your V2 as a license upgrade at any time for a fee via the online store.

2. You need a VIN license to license each controller you flash (reading, scanning, clearing DTCs is free for all controllers). This includes PCMs, ECMs, and TCMs (BCMs too). Note, a VIN license includes a PCM/ECM and TCM/BCM license slot. Once you license the controller with your V2, it is "married"/linked forever and can be flashed unlimited times for no additional cost.

A new FlashScan V2 will come with (at least) 1 tuning license activated and 2 VIN licenses when purchased new from EFILive or a reseller.

If you want to tune HD Cummins, you'll need a FlashScan HD which is different physical hardware.
    Do I have to activate the license before being able to read the ecm to edit it to a dps5 switch. I keep getting the error to check the cables. I have to use scan tool 7.5 to do the switch and it just pops up that error. V8 will not allow me to upgrade the os so. Any input?