Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $0101 During Crank

Default $0101 During Crank

Good afternoon all,

I am working on an E92 4.3 swap in an 86 Camaro. I'm in the process of trying to get this started, but have no spark/fuel. I've already done the VATS delete as instructed, so now I'm trying to log some information during crank. Twice I managed to get some live data while cranking, but now I keep getting $0101 as soon as I hit the key to crank. The FlashScan screen also goes blank at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it appears to disconnect each time I crank? Is there a minimum voltage that is needed during crank to keep it connected?

Thank in advance

Default No Spark

I'd like to add a copy of the tune file in case someone wants to have a quick look for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by RC1 View Post
    I keep getting $0101 as soon as I hit the key to crank. The FlashScan screen also goes blank at the same time.
    Sounds like the power to the OBD-II plug does not have a direct +12V battery feed to it, instead it is being cut off when you crank.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It is being fed directly, but there is a drop to about 9V when cranking. Not sure where the threshold is supposed to be.

Off the top of my head 9V sounds like the minimum voltage the V2 can run from. But it seems to be dropping a long way, even under cranking (assuming the battery is in good condition).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The battery is new and it does crank at a good speed. I'm going to run another feed to the OBD port tomorrow and see if that helps. Then maybe I can log while cranking to see what's going on. Thanks for the response.

I did manage to get in a few crank logs before the dreaded $0101 again. I am seeing IGN1ON for the #1 coil control circuit goes to YES, but still no spark. After about 3 or 4 logging cycles, the voltage drops low enough to momentarily shut off the FlashScan at which point it goes to $0101.
    Can someone have a look at the attached picture of the Anti Theft Log and tell me if anything looks wrong? Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AntiTheftLog.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	22954  
    Last edited by RC1; July 23rd, 2019 at 12:19 PM.

I don't believe the theft PID will give valid status the way the patch works.

I'm back to trying to get this to run, as the last few weeks have been reassembling the rest of the car. Do you know what that IGN1ON PID is supposed tell us? I'm trying to decide whether maybe I have a bad ECM. That IGN1ON is a YES while cranking according to the log.

Currently logging Crank Sensor, Cam sensor, Spark Advance, MAF, and all alooks good, but still no spark. Anything I can add to help me out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast