Thread: 6.7L Cummins swap in to a F550 questions

Default 6.7L Cummins swap in to a F550 questions

I am working on a 2018 6.7L Cummins swap in to a 2009 F550 and have a few questions for the pros. This started out as a gas V10 truck and has a single ECM for engine, body, and transmission control. I will be keeping the Ford ECM for gauges and transmission control.
    Here is my current state:
    1. Engine physically installed.
    2. Cummins ECM flashed with CSP4 and will start and run (skim deleted with base config).
    3. Ford ECM has DTCS but seems to be working for the most part (missing TPS signal for 5R110 control but still working on it)
    4. Truck doesn't have DEF or DPF.

Here are the tools that I have:
    1. Cummins Calterm (used to unlock the Cummins ECM)
    2. Cummins Insight (don't have any base configurations for the Dodge Cummins ECM)
    3. EFI Live V2 licensed to the current Cummins ECM.

Here are my questions:
    1. Seems that I need to have a CAX file to use EFI Live so that I can expose certain areas of memory to adjust the items that EFI Live software won't do natively. Seems that these are the secret sauce to making tunes and the tuners hold them close to their chest. Is that an accurate statement?
    2. What other tools do I need to remove the DTCs from the Ford ECM so that I can have a mostly functioning wrench and check engine light? I have a ELM327 adapter and Forscan but that tool is limited.
    3. The little bit that I have found about building a CAX for most ECMs starts with a Bin file dumped from the ECM itself. Is that the case with a Cummins ECM as well?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

I know it’s been a while, did you get anywhere with this?

Things have come to a halt, while testing I broke the transmission. Here is a link to more of an update:
    https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...splant-story-1

We already have winter showing up (showing as I write) so I will be getting back to it as soon as it warms up next year.

I can help you with the ford ecm via HP. I can also help with the 18 if still needed.

Thanks 6.7Guy but I am still on hold. Life got in the way and I wasn't able to do anything on the truck this summer. I will be back to it next summer and already devised a new plan on getting my ECM adjustments right. But of course, this plan is in my head and still has a good chance of going sideways. So when I get back to it, I may reach out for help.