Thread: E38 COS being used for nitrous and a couple quick questions.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default E38 COS being used for nitrous and a couple quick questions.

So I loaded up the COS and populated all the required tables. Pinned a wire into the pcm and tested it to verify it detects ethanol in the system when 12v applied.

My question is can i use my nitrous controller to send 12v on that wire when it activates, or will the pcm not correct quickly enough? If that is a issue then ill just wire it to the nitrous arm switch.

I ask because i already have had everything wired for the window switch to activate something to pull timing. But if the ecm cant correct instantly, Ill have to run new wiring through the dash to my arm switch on the opposite side of the truck. Huge PITA and would rather not (but will if thats the best way to do it)

TIA

Well since this forum is dead and support is non existent from the community or anyone for that matter with EFILive... i figure i should report back for the next guy trying this..

Unlike the e38-e67 COS tutorial suggests you can do with the COS, you can not activate the e85 tables off your nitrous window switch. The ECM take a full second or so to switch modes and tables. It is best to power pin 5 when you arm your nitrous kit so the ecm is ready to use the timing and fuel tables for e85 (or nitrous is most peoples case trying to use this)

I set B5145 to 1 at only 80%
    and B5114 to only pull timing greater than .50 G/CYL
    2011 VE SSV 419 + CAM + Whipple 2.9FF SC + PPV front struts + Bilstein rear shocks + 6L90E with single piece carbon fiber prop

Quote Originally Posted by izaks View Post
    I set B5145 to 1 at only 80%
    and B5114 to only pull timing greater than .50 G/CYL

I have the same setting on b5145.
    B5114 I have pulling timing at 2400 as im on the button at 2500 with a window switch.

When i tried it with the window switch activating the e85 mode... it took a good 1000rpm almost for it to take effect. Thats just too long for comfort on the bottle. I ended up wiring it to the arm switch. When the nitrous is armed, it'll already know to pull timing. Not what i was going for but works just fine none the less.

Lifetime Member

This is a known issue... what Operating System do you have? we had to modify the OS to avoid this.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."