Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't read files

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member

Default Can't read files

Hi - I am having a problem with my EFI Live setup, which originated with a Windows 7 laptop problem I caused. I had to use a restore point to fix a problem, and mistakenly went back to a 2015 restore point. EFI Live, amongst a lot of other programs, were wiped, and all restore points after the one I loaded were gone. I've reloaded EFI Live, and am on the most current version (having updated it to the most current version tonight) and am getting the following error box when I try opening an existing file.

Efilive_scanandtune: EFILive_ScanAndTune.eve - Entry Point Not Found
    The procefure entrypoint ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in
    the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.

I've tried opening multiple existing files, and I get this error. When I close the error box, I get another, and it repeats about 10 times. What would I need to do to resolve this problem? Thanks.

Lifetime Member

Bump for assistance, please. Anyone know how I can fix this problem? Appreciate it.

Lifetime Member

If you've downloaded the latest software and it opens correctly, is it possible that your tune files were messed up during your restore process?
    My suggestion to you would be to download a tune file off the internet and see if it opens in your software, or post a tune file that you are having problems with here and see if we can open it for you. That way we/you can determine if it's a tune file issue or a software issue.

Cheers
    Cindy

Lifetime Member

Post #7 here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-LMM-DSP5-tune has a tune file that I'm able to open in V8 Scan and Tune if that is any help to you.

Lifetime Member

I tried a tune off the net, and I tried the tune you referenced. Both give me the same error. I've uploaded one of my files that doesn't work. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Your tune file opens file in my V8 Scan and Tune software, so your V8 Scan and Tune software should be reinstalled.

Please download the latest update from our website here https://www.efilive.com/download-efilive

Cheers
    Cindy

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    Your tune file opens file in my V8 Scan and Tune software, so your V8 Scan and Tune software should be reinstalled.

Please download the latest update from our website here https://www.efilive.com/download-efilive

Cheers
    Cindy
    Mixed bag. I tried redownloading it, no good. I then deleted EFI Live, cleaned the registry out, then reinstalled. I still get the error, but now I can at least edit files. I'd like to try and get this problem corrected before I try downloading to a vehicle though, as I don't want to bork an ECM. Any other suggestions I might try? Thanks.

I've never had good experiences with reverting to Windows Restore Points. I honestly think your best course of acting is to accept the reinstalling that machine for scratch is probably going to be the path of least resistance. There will be permissions issues that I just think will be too hard to resolve unfortunately.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Lovely. No matter, if that's what it takes that's what I'll do. It will be a few days before I respond back with results. Thanks.

Question - does EFI Live work with Linux? This is an old machine and I've been thinking about making the switch, but EFI Live is the main reason I haven't.

EFILive is Windows only sorry.

I've had to use System Restore before and had a similar experience to you each time. I've always only seen it as a means to get data off the system before I invest the effort to fully reinstall everything from scratch.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast