Thread: Need some help......

Default Need some help......

Hey guys, haven't used efilive in years, used the V1 cable back in the day to tune my 99 camaro race car and it was awesome!!! I bought a delete kit for my 2012 DMax Sierra. I did all the mechanical work and went to drop the tune in and having a problem. The delete kit came with a v2 efilive handheld tuner. I can see the tune when I scroll down that it says is supposed to be the tune in the instructions, but it doesnt say program. When I click on it, I get error $0502. Deleted dpf and cat, put in egr block off plates and installed 5 position switch, but cant do anything since the tune wont load. Anybody able to help me fix this? I reached out to the tuner, they claimed they would send me instructions how to fix, its bee. Almost 4 hours since and reached out multiple times since and I still have nothing. I really need to get the truck running, need it for work tomorrow, did everything on my day off today and of course the part that should take 2 mins is screwing me up now! Thanks so much for any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190828_151302.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	764.3 KB 
ID:	22998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190828_151307.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	593.5 KB 
ID:	22999  
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Do you have the V8 software installed on a PC you can hook that Autocal up to? It looks like they might not have set the device up with the correct script files for your vehicle type.

The error means:
    The script (*.obj) file does not exist on the device.
    Ensure that you have selected/programmed the correct controller type(s) in the BBX configuration.
    Re-install (or repair-install) the EFILive V8 software, then reprogram the BBx configuration to your FlashScan or AutoCal device using the [F5: BBx]->[Program] option.

This needs to be done on a PC.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for the reply, I downloaded v8 software and connected to the pc and it's not showing me anything in the BBX options. I did some searching before I posted here, so I'm not sure how to choose what's necessary when its empty. Unless it's not seeing my tuner.
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Lifetime Member

Typically the tuner would program the controller selection to AutoCal to provide the configuration files for read/flash and log. The error message you have indicates those configuration files are missing. You can either contact your tuner and have them provide the configuration for you, or you can program these yourself. If you choose to program these yourself please ensure you do not override or delete your tune files unless you have a copy of those (specifically I mean if you use the quick setup select your options wisely).

My advise would be to program the BBL and BBF individually and not use the quick setup. You'll find the instructions here https://support.efilive.com/kb_artic...6659-YAHB-3781

Cheers
    Cindy

Thanks for the help guys, the tuner finally sent over the email with instructions and a quick setup file to install and I was able to flash the tune in.
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150