Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: September 2019, Beta Release - Update 2

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default September 2019, Beta Release - Update 2

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE
    We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

The current public release is available here.

Release Notes:

Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.29 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.25 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.008 (Jul 4, 2018) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.141 (Sep 19, 2019) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:

Known Issues:

Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; September 16th, 2020 at 08:35 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Paul,

Has the 32 bit limit on PKT PIDs been lifted yet?

I also might have a problem with E98 DMA pids as welll.

Example.

If requesting address 0x400134E8, when its verifying the PIDS, it seems to only be requesting 0x40000000. It doesent send the rest of the address.

I will 100% verify this later this afternoon with some logs for you as I forgot to save when I tested yesterday, unless you beat me to it. lol

If you would like me to send you a copy of my Custom List, Id be more than glad to PM it to you.

One more... It seems that when I use a CAX with 32bit FLT and use the 'Inv' function. (Its for the EQ AFR table on cummins) it breaks everything and just displays 0's... but set that back to zero and it displays again. Factor is set to '1'. I can send you an example of this as well if you'd like.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Chavez91; September 13th, 2019 at 07:17 AM.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    Paul,
    Has the 32 bit limit on PKT PIDs been lifted yet?
    Not in this release. Working on it for the next major release of V8.

Example.

If requesting address 0x400134E8, when its verifying the PIDS, it seems to only be requesting 0x40000000. It doesent send the rest of the address.

I will 100% verify this later this afternoon with some logs for you as I forgot to save when I tested yesterday, unless you beat me to it. lol

If you would like me to send you a copy of my Custom List, Id be more than glad to PM it to you.

One more... It seems that when I use a CAX with 32bit FLT and use the 'Inv' function. (Its for the EQ AFR table on cummins) it breaks everything and just displays 0's... but set that back to zero and it displays again. Factor is set to '1'. I can send you an example of this as well if you'd like.

Thanks!
    I'll take a look into both of those issues.
    Regards
    Paul

Thanks!
    The problem is:

When a calibration definition is loaded the software figures out the hard min and hard max values based on the bit size, the factor, the offset and the inverse settings. That makes sense for SNM and UNM type calibrations that have fixed raw/hex ranges but it makes no sense for FLT type calibrations.

Unfortunately, the "auto-generate hard min and hard max values" routine is being called when the data type is FLT and inverse (it should not be called - it should just use the values supplied by the cax file) . That causes the hard min to be set to 1E-35 and the hard max to be set to -1E-35. Those values are wrong and the min is actually greater than the max. That is what is causing the calibration to display zeros. I cannot see any workaround to the problem so a fix will be in the next beta update (which is due out this week sometime).

Still working on the user defined DMA PID address issue...

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The problem is:

When a calibration definition is loaded the software figures out the hard min and hard max values based on the bit size, the factor, the offset and the inverse settings. That makes sense for SNM and UNM type calibrations that have fixed raw/hex ranges but it makes no sense for FLT type calibrations.

Unfortunately, the "auto-generate hard min and hard max values" routine is being called when the data type is FLT and inverse (it should not be called - it should just use the values supplied by the cax file) . That causes the hard min to be set to 1E-35 and the hard max to be set to -1E-35. Those values are wrong and the min is actually greater than the max. That is what is causing the calibration to display zeros. I cannot see any workaround to the problem so a fix will be in the next beta update (which is due out this week sometime).

Still working on the user defined DMA PID address issue...

Regards
    Paul
    Ahhh.... That makes sense! haha. Well thanks for figuring it out!

If there is anything you need from me for the DMA issue, let me know.

Thanks again Paul!
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Example.

If the controller's operating system against which you are verifying the DMA PID(s) is not defined for the DMA PID, then it will try to verify with the address $40000000 - and obviously fail and mark the PID as unverified.
    So make sure that the OS in the controller is the same* OS listed in the [Dma_OS] section and that it matches the same "column" as the DMA PID's address in the [Dma_Addr] section.

*Same means the same GM stock OS, so if you have a custom OS in the ECM then you should use the matching GM stock OS in the *.ini definition file.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks!
    That should be fixed with the latest beta-2 update released today.
    Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    That should be fixed with the latest beta-2 update released today.
    Regards
    Paul
    V8 Editor V8 Editor V8 Editor V8 Editor........ I almost forgot...V8 Editor.. how can i use it????
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

I am trying to license and tune a 2019 Cummins 6.7 and the bypass switch in slots 6,14 on the OBD2 port don't power the OBD2 port. With the factory wires in slots 6, 14 i receive the error code $0333: Security Access Denied ($33). How should I proceed? I am using version V8.2.25 with Firmware 2.07.141

If you are still getting the "SGM Detected" message then you need to recheck the instructions for your bypass wiring.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast