Thread: HD Stock/Base files

Default HD Stock/Base files

Anybody needing any HD files just pm me with what you're looking for. Can also modify them for whatever you need.

Just be wary that if you are using base files sourced from Insite, InCal etc these have default trim settings that are transferred into the ECM when flashed, if the file is read from the ECM with EFILive then when it is flashed the trims are left as they originally were.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

What trims? Or are we talking parameters that would normally be backed up and restored when flashed with insite?

Yes correct, those parameters.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

There is ways around that especially if the end user has access to any version of insite and has the knowledge to create a work order. But yes i see what you are saying and was not aware that efi did not save and restore customer parameters. Will save and restore ever be implemented into the V8 software?

EFILive does save the customer parameters in the file you read from the ECM, if you read the ECM with EFILive and flash the same ECM with that file then nothing needs to be done with restoring customer parameters.
    There is only an issue if people want to use generic files off Insite etc rather than read the ECM with EFILive, and I get that is how some people want to work.

We looked at a save / restore parameters option but like many things Cummins related the process is so ridiculously complex it was shelved to get other things completed.

Do you have >450 file for M11 330E ESN34757840?