Thread: AEM 30-0300 Analog PID - Problems!

Default AEM 30-0300 Analog PID - Problems!

I've got the above Wideband installed and working but can't get my V2 to read correctly. I've tried using the calc pid from this post https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...or-AEM-30-0300 but it doesn't work for me. It logs AFR but the values are nowhere near what my gauge is reading. I believe that might be because the calc pid posted (linked to post #11 on a different thread) uses data for a 30-4900 which is unfortunately may not be the same as a 30-0300? But in addition, I also get GM.EQUIVRATIO as not validated and when I right click it, "More Info" is greyed out and can't be selected so I can't find out why... which could be what's holding me back.

So, the manual for the 30-0300 is here: https://www.aemelectronics.com/files...ns/30-0300.pdf

If anyone can either school me on how to interpret the data from the manual and put it into a calc pid file or do it for me it would be very much appreciated. I've spent hours trying different files and going in and out of the car, trying to get it to sync up with no luck. I am having my car remote tuned after a supercharger install and can't get any further until I get this sorted. E38 ECM on LS2 engine using Gasoline.

Many thanks
    Last edited by St0rmer66; September 19th, 2019 at 06:22 AM.

Oh wow, I feel an idiot. After taking a break and calming down. I realised my idiotic mistake. Analog + and - were reversed polarity .

It now reads very nicely. But I still get the GM.EQUIVRATIO error. Not that it seems to be affecting the reading though!

GM.EQIVRATIO:

What year/model/vehicle...?

E38 ECU - 2008 LS2 VXR8 (Same as Holden Commodore VE / Pontiac G8)

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

For E38 try SAE.LAMDA instead of GM.EQIVRATIO... and you will have to edit the BEN calc pid.

Thanks Joe.

Is the equation the same? I just change it over?

SAE.LAMBDA is usually the inverse of GM.EQIVRATIO for most GM engine controllers
    ( there are a few where SAE.LAMBDA is same as GM.EQIVRATIO... log it and see how it responds to large throttle )

the equation was this: {EXT.WO2LAM1}*{GM.EQIVRATIO}

it now becomes: {EXT.WO2LAM1}/{SAE.LAMBDA}

Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    GM.EQIVRATIO:

What year/model/vehicle...?
    Hi Joe,
    After reading possibly 1000's of your replies, and turning my brain mushy from the constant searching, I figured it would be easier to just reply to a post.

I have the same AEM 30-300 wb as the OP ( manual with data attached), I have it connected through analog (ad1), v2 is seeing correct voltages,
    but after trying different variations of the user config .txt docs that have been replied in other threads, I havnt managed to get my WB reading
    correctly in the logs, with a constant 7.35 populating the cells, all while my actual gauge is reading correctly, if I could pester you for some help it would be greatly appreciated!

mind you, the only time I get to play with it is late night/wee hours of the morning, whilst my brain is reasonably fried, I wouldn't be surprised if it is something simple that I have missed.

ecu is ls1b, 04 holden wk caprice, blue case v2 and aem 30-300 connected via analog

thanks! Ash

https://www.aemelectronics.com/files...ns/30-0300.pdf

Are you logging EXT.AD1...? Post a log here.