Thread: 2005 GTO ECM to PIM Linking, or how to be frustrated for 3 days!

Default 2005 GTO ECM to PIM Linking, or how to be frustrated for 3 days!

Have this fine 2005 GTO with a bad PCM. Looks like they are NLA so I had a used one, programmed it properly off the SPS site but I have tried for 3 days to relink the ECM to the PIM with no luck. Been on the phone with the fine folks in Detroit for 2 afternoons, they've had me try 3 different laptops with 2 different operating systems and 2 different J2534 passthru tools with no luck. As soon as I click the PCM to PIM relink button the utility fails almost instantly. I even have the IMMO number for the car but I can't even get to that screen to input the number. I tried programming and using the original ECM but that fails the linkup too.

I'm SOL so I removed the VATS and all of the relevant codes, the car starts and runs perfectly with no check engine light but after 3 seconds the service engine soon wrench comes up in the instrument cluster. I can simply hit the option button on the cluster and everything goes away but I'd still love to get this one correct as it is a customer pay car.

Is there any way to perform the relink through EFIlive?

Any suggestions would help.

Don't throw away those E40 PCMs they should bring good money anytime soon.

Thanks!

I'm just going through this with a 2005 Maloo. Same ECU. I'm pretty sure the only way it can be done is using a Tech 2 and TIS, but the people doing this for me also have the timing out issue. VATS deleted and it cranks so I'm OK with that (up to now anyway).
    2005 HSV Maloo Ute, HKE 457ci Stroker LS2 E40, TFS 245's, 255/263 Hi Lift HUC, FAST LSXr 102, NW Billet 102 TB, FLT Level 7 4L65E, CircleD 4200 stall, Duspeed OTRCAI - Mafless, DF 1 7/8" LT's, 3" DiFilipo Duals, Serial LC-1 WB's

"An Old Dog learning new tricks"

Quote Originally Posted by MyM8V8 View Post
    I'm just going through this with a 2005 Maloo. Same ECU. I'm pretty sure the only way it can be done is using a Tech 2 and TIS, but the people doing this for me also have the timing out issue. VATS deleted and it cranks so I'm OK with that (up to now anyway).
    The timing out from what I understand, is only if you input the wrong IMMO number; I can't even get to that screen.

Thanks for the reply, I still have the car here but from what I understand I can do this with a J2534 passthru device.