Thread: Advice needed please.

Exclamation Advice needed please.

I have a 2012 Cummins 6.7 deleted and tuned with Efi live and a csp5 switch. It has been deleted and tuned with efilive and a csp5 switch. The shop that deleted it has since gone out of business. Tunes 1,2,3,4, and 5 have no difference in power. That being said, can I buy an efilive autocal, tunes from a reputable company like CTT and tune the truck myself ? I’ve looked for link and help before posting. Any advice is greatly appreciated or guidance in the right direction. Like Efi live install info for dummies .....
    Last edited by Jetyancey; October 5th, 2019 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetyancey View Post
    I have a 2012 Cummins 6.7 deleted and tuned with Efi live and a csp5 switch. It has been deleted and tuned with efilive and a csp5 switch.
    EFILive does not give users the ability to create delete tunes, the tune must have been created outside EFILive and just flashed in to the vehicle.
    To answer your question though, from 2010+ it was not possible to read the ECM on these trucks so if you decide to try another tuner or tune it yourself you will lose the current tune in the ECM, essentially you will be starting from scratch.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    EFILive does not give users the ability to create delete tunes, the tune must have been created outside EFILive and just flashed in to the vehicle.
    To answer your question though, from 2010+ it was not possible to read the ECM on these trucks so if you decide to try another tuner or tune it yourself you will lose the current tune in the ECM, essentially you will be starting from scratch.
    Thanks for the quick response! Yes, the tune I have now is stock in all (5) slots. I would LOVE to start over. I guess that’s my question, can I buy and efilive autocal (as the vehicle to get the tunes from my laptop onto the autocal and into my trucks ecm) and buy emission deleted tunes from a well known 3rd party company?
    Aren’t those the steps ?
    (1) laptop
    (2) efilive autocal or v2
    (3) buy tunes from someone like CTT in Canada. Have them email me the file, and write them to the ecm - via the autocal !?

Lifetime Member

If you just want to buy and flash tunes from a tuning company (i.e. CTT), I would suggest purchasing your AutoCal directly from them along with the tunes. You may need a different CSP switch as well, I would discuss that with your tuner when you purchase your AutoCal + tunes.

(If you want to build your own tunes, you will need a FlashScan V2.)
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.