Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Succesfull Patch and Tune Install Cm2200 $0549

Default Succesfull Patch and Tune Install Cm2200 $0549

2011 6.7 Cummins Cab and Chassis 5500 Manual

Last night I put on the CM220A_BootRSA_Patch_Manual on my V2. Plugged into pickup and installed, had to activate the license per usual. Everything went good, I then went and got my file supplied from my tuner onto my v2 and installed successfully. After key off for a couple minutes. I tried to start the pickup and nothing. I contacted my tuner and he sent me a stock file to try(11301130AK-90030-2011 4500 CAB DP 6.7L MANUAL 50S.)
    When trying to install that, i get $0549 ignition off. Well the key is 2 clicks ahead in the run position. I have tried it several times and nothing. Check all fuses-good.

Pickup was 100% stock before doing this and was obviously running. Used snap on to read the codes and i have attached that report. I have read all day over the internet and not really finding anything to try and i can't quit tell i have an answer.

Closest thing i could find to help me is the below post where it seems like the op had the same problem as me but didn't really have a solution besides an ECM. This was back in 2012 so I am hoping someone has a better answer or idea now for recovery.

I have bench force here but no don't have the correct connectors. I would make a harness but not sure how to hook up to the bench force-i have the pinout of the ecm

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...hlight=%240549
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.png 
Views:	311 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	23047  

$0549 usually does mean the tune you've put in has caused the ECM to brick, they can be recovered but you have to force the ECM to bootmode. Given you have the bench force set up you can ask them to supply a harness that allows you to force the ECM to bootmode where you should be able to recover it.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hey thanks a lot for replying right away, I was hoping you would be available but I was skeptical with the weekend.
    I only have the bench force 2 that doesn't do the rom. I've done a lot of reading and educating myself so correct me if im wrong. I need the following:
    https://bench-force.com/collections/...witch-assembly

and

https://bench-force.com/products/eng...18292376371258

Is it worth pulling the ecm and making a direct connection from the v2 to the pins on the ecm to try to communicate to rule out in other issue?

Well first thing you need to understand is if there is an issue with that modified tune then the ECM will just brick again once you recover it and flash that tune back in, so maybe not use it until you somehow know it is all good.
    Depending on how much all that bench force stuff costs there is another alternative if you want to send the ECM away to someone who already has the bootrom setup? It's really not something you would ever need.

I wouldn't bother making the connections to the V2 pins directly, I'm pretty sure it is the tune that has put it in to this state.
    I'd offer to test the tune on our bench ECM's here because we can recover them but the tuner probably doesn't want the file passed around (which is understandable), but I think you'd like to know the cause of this right?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Well first thing you need to understand is if there is an issue with that modified tune then the ECM will just brick again once you recover it and flash that tune back in, so maybe not use it until you somehow know it is all good.
    Depending on how much all that bench force stuff costs there is another alternative if you want to send the ECM away to someone who already has the bootrom setup? It's really not something you would ever need.

I wouldn't bother making the connections to the V2 pins directly, I'm pretty sure it is the tune that has put it in to this state.
    I'd offer to test the tune on our bench ECM's here because we can recover them but the tuner probably doesn't want the file passed around (which is understandable), but I think you'd like to know the cause of this right?

Cheers,
    Ross
    Test it please. I not had any issues with it, but maybe there is.

What email can I send the file to Ross?
    What do you use to recover the ecm’s?

Quote Originally Posted by tptuning View Post
    What email can I send the file to Ross?
    What do you use to recover the ecm’s?
    I will send Ross the file. I have already compared bin to bin and they lay over correctly and I see nothing out side of the config file changed. We will let Ross convert the ctz file and see if something has gone bad. This will be the first CM2200 I have ever seen in ROM boot mode, and I have seen guys be pretty nasty with them. I have a subscription to oem software if needed but I have a feeling once on the bench it will be talking enough to recover with out Rom boot.

Conversation taken to Email for those following along.

Any update on the solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Xkrueger1x View Post
    Any update on the solution?
    Changes outside of EFI Live were made that the ECM didn't like. If you have same issue I can recover it for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast