Thread: OS 12606961 and what to do about it...

Default OS 12606961 and what to do about it...

I have a 05 1500 Silverado 5.3 and just did a 4l80E swap. I wrapped up the install last night and fired up EFI live for the first time to find out I have the the OS 12606961. Researching the web I found out this is not a very common OS and I guess Im pretty much SOL.
    I'm very new to tuning and was wondering if there was something I could manually adjust with EFIlive to make the 80e work?

I also read that the only solution might be to change the whole OS to the older OS 12592618. Can someone point me to a tutorial on this process? Were does everyone download new OS?
    Thanks

Can you go to CalID and look at the update history of your PCM based on the VIN. I have not seen that OS before on the LS1 PCM so it is either very new or rare.
    https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I did that and it says the 12606961 replaces the 12592618. So can I go back to the old system?

Oh sorry I missed that in your original post. Yes you can go back by all means, but first see what GM did on the update because they may have fixed something important. CalID should tell you that.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for your help. From what I can tell it had 2 transmission issues. I've found a couple tunes on dropbox with the old OS number. One issue im worried about is Ive found a tune I planed to do a full reflash with my pcm but its labeled GMC Sierra and my truck is a Chevy Silverado... Not sure if this even matters and I can proceed. The engine numbers are the same LM7 5.3
    Should I do a reflash with the sierra tune first then swap the trans segment or is it wiser to swap the tune first then do a full flash? Or does it even matter... Thanks

Lifetime Member

It doesnt matter Sierra vs Silverado, that is just EFILive interpreting the VIN in the tune and the source of the original file. If the segment #s match then just change the VIN and full flash it (note this will not actually change your VIN, you'll need to use the Scan tool to do that).

Here is the Sierra LM7 stock file with the 4L80E transmission segment. You'll need to take your current tune and make sure the VE, spark, injectors, fuel tank, and speedo settings are correct. Put your VIN in the file too. These are the stock 80E settings, so if you want to adjust shift points/pressures/etc, that's up to you.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks, I went ahead and did the full flash yesterday and then did the trans segment swap. There were some CEL codes that seemed to pertain to 4x4 and traction control/ABS. I found those and disabled those. Im still getting the P1810 Trans TFP switch ciruit code though. I have been reading through forum and it sounds like I should of swapped the trans diagnostic folder too. I didn't know if that was part of the trans segment swap. I'll check out this new tune, thanks for the help.

On a side note I have the truck on stands to check for fluid leaks and make sure the drive line angles are good through sus travel. I ran the truck in gear and there was a weird noise around 25-30mph like something was loose. Pushed up on driveline and trans yoke and felt some play. Trans builder didnt tighten the yoke bolt...
    05 CBSB Prerunner stock 5.3, built 4l80s with YANK SS 2800, Camburg 3.5" prerunner housing 5.13, 35 spline spool
    Front sus: Mazulla Race LT with KING 2.5"x10" C/O, 2.5"x10" 2 Tube bypass, 2.5"x2.5" Bumps
    Rear sus: Deaver C85 SU with Blitzkreig shackles and mounts, KING 3.5"x18" 5 Tube bypass Race series
    Kenwood TK-790 and Lowrance Elite-5

Looks like my software version cant open that file. I just did my updates too. Bummer
    05 CBSB Prerunner stock 5.3, built 4l80s with YANK SS 2800, Camburg 3.5" prerunner housing 5.13, 35 spline spool
    Front sus: Mazulla Race LT with KING 2.5"x10" C/O, 2.5"x10" 2 Tube bypass, 2.5"x2.5" Bumps
    Rear sus: Deaver C85 SU with Blitzkreig shackles and mounts, KING 3.5"x18" 5 Tube bypass Race series
    Kenwood TK-790 and Lowrance Elite-5

Lifetime Member

It's the latest beta from the forum. It has both the 80E trans and trans diagnostic sections swapped over.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    It doesnt matter Sierra vs Silverado, that is just EFILive interpreting the VIN in the tune and the source of the original file. If the segment #s match then just change the VIN and full flash it (note this will not actually change your VIN, you'll need to use the Scan tool to do that).

Here is the Sierra LM7 stock file with the 4L80E transmission segment. You'll need to take your current tune and make sure the VE, spark, injectors, fuel tank, and speedo settings are correct. Put your VIN in the file too. These are the stock 80E settings, so if you want to adjust shift points/pressures/etc, that's up to you.
    Bringing this one back from the dead as I have an 05 that I want to 4l80e swap. If the OS matches, I don't care about the Engine/Trans calibration ID correct? I can still flash the file that was attached ones I change over my spark/fuel/etc. tables?