Thread: Tune check 0411 swap?

Default Tune check 0411 swap?

Can somebody look over this tune file for me and see if I did the segment swap correctly? I have a 99 TAHOE with the older 5.7L vortec(distributor engine, low res crank sensor with 4 crank & 1 cam reference), running the marine intake, 4l60E, 2 wheel drive, and dual electric fans controlled by the 0411. It has the Camaro pressure transducer wired in with all the Camaro A/C wiring added. We tried going the .cax route to change the A/C type, but I ran into several issues with it, so I switched over and made it turn the A/C request to the PCM off and on to cycle it instead of the dedicated input.

I haven't driven it much since doing the swap due to some other issues, but it will randomnly at idle close the IAC when the compressor kicks on, kicks the compressor off and the IAC opens back up, and repeats the cycle until you either give it throttle or turn the A/C off.

It also recently developed an issue where it doesn't want to stay in lockup. All the parameters will be met to lockup the TCC, but it will not command it on. I've verified with my TECH2 that it isn't commanding the TCC, but if I manually command it on, it locks up no problem. Normally if I slow down below lockup speed and then accelerate again it will lockup, but other times it will kick right back out of lockup. I have found at 70+ it does it pretty much every time, but slow down and it will normally go into lockup and stay(speed back up and it loses lockup again).

It will also sometimes go into lockup, but slip the TCC BADLY, sometimes showing slippage of 200 RPM's while in lockup, but you can watch it reducing the TCC percentage to make it do it. I'm beginning to suspect I have a bad 0411 PCM, but before I go and use another license, I wouldn't to double check with others to see if it looks like I have G1206 and G1207 set correctly.

3GNEC18R8XG208839 segment swap for fans & tires-6.ctz
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

I forgot to post it earlier, but here is the base file I used straight from, TIS. It's from an 02 EXPRESS van.

2002 1500 express.ctz
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

How did you do the segment swap (steps...)...?

Which segments did you all swap...?

Take some logs.

All I swapped was the Camaro operating system segment so I could get the fans to work via the ac pressure sensor. When I did the swap, it changed it from a gmt-610(van) to F-body in G1206, so I left it alone, and it changed G1207 from the van flags to the F body. I changed the flags in the F-body row to match what the stock tune had in the stock gmt-610 column so the low resolution crank was checked.

I don't have any V2 logs as my cable won't stay plugged into my V2 going down the road(retaining clip broke off), so I've been using my Tech2. When the idle problem happens, it will go from 40 iac steps with the compressor off, 0 steps the second the compressor is kicked on. I had this problem when I 1st flashed it using a .cax for the ac selection type, so I thought it was that, but it's happened a few times since using this file with just the segment swap. And the lockup problem is just as mysterious. It will lockup, then unlock, go back into lockup, and other times it will begin to show slippage, but 0 slip on the p1870 slippage counter. So far every time I go over 75, it kicks out, drop below 70 and it will normally go back into lockup(but not always). I recently picked up another V2 for basically free in a package deal with a good cable, so I'll try and get a datalog. Only problem is it's a 40 minute ride for me to get to where I can get it up to 75 to replicate the conditions, and I rarely go that way.

Lifetime Member

Ferm,

Finally getting back to thinking about electric fans and A/C types. One thing I was wondering is how you have the DTC's set. Specifically, not just for the fans, but for the A/C stuff as well. From what I can see, there are at least 5 DTC's that have something to do with A/C. I am wondering if your A/C is acting weird due to how it's trying to function and how it is trying to check for a DTC in the background.

I had forgotten to update this thread. I ended up turning the misfire monitor off and it cleared up all of my lockup problems. It would hardly ever display any misfires on my scanner, but I started getting a flashing check engine light sometimes when it was cold. I'm not sure what the deal was, but a few quick temp lockout changes, and lockup works like it should(for the most part, my converter shudders under load in lockup under 50 mph).

Lifetime Member

I used the van 350 low res engine segment and the fans were already ready to rock based on freon pressure. Works on both trucks in my sig. 1500 uses a MarkVIII fan and 3500 has the little factory pusher.
    1998 GMC Sierra K1500 5.7/4L80E, longtubes, 411 w/COS 5, marine cam/intake, Whipple. 91 octane at 6000'.
    1997 GMC Sierra K3500 7.4/4L80E, 411 w/COS 3, Whipple, small cam.
    2004 Corvette Z06 with longtubes.