Thread: VE Series 2 - E39 VATS relink / relearn

Default VE Series 2 - E39 VATS relink / relearn

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the process to relink the ECM and BCM in a VE series 2?

This VE originally had the E69 ECM and the engine has been swapped including the ECM to E39.

I have disabled VATS in the E39 and the engine runs, but i get the warning on the dash for "Engine Immobilised"

I updated the VIN in ECM and TCM with the Scan 7.5 software but when looking at the Tune 7.5 software for VATS relink / relearn, Tune 7.5 doesn't list E39 ECM...

I also flashed the ECM with VATS relearn after X seconds, was set to 0, tried 30 seconds. Tried the ignition on for 30, off, on, off, on etc - no luck.

Hopefully it is something easy i am missing and i didn't waste money on license!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by luke1 View Post
    This VE originally had the E69 ECM and the engine has been swapped including the ECM to E39.
    I'm not sure that the theft systems are compatible between those generations of vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by luke1 View Post
    I have disabled VATS in the E39 and the engine runs, but i get the warning on the dash for "Engine Immobilised"
    Hopefully it is something easy i am missing and i didn't waste money on license!
    Well the engine runs so it's not really a waste of money.

As I said I don't know if the older BCM will marry up with an E39 with the VATS CAN messages, I don't know enough about it.
    But to continue to try to link them you'll need to full flash a stock file back in (eg, VATS still enabled). The learn process probably won't work with the VATS patched out.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I tried replying to this earlier, where did my post go?

The E39 ECM is available in the same year VE as mine 2010 with 3.0L engine. Mine had LLT 3.6L with E69, and i swapped with LFX 3.6L with E39. Even though i can get engine running with VATS disabled, with "Engine Immobilised" on the dash and DTCs it wont get roadworthy or registration!

The full flash of the original tune didn't help. I tried the power on, off process a few times with no luck.

I also tried with the VATS relearn after "30" seconds, instead of the "0" default. Same, no luck.

It seems I really need to use the Tune 7.5 Security VATS relearn feature, but Tune 7.5 doesnt have the E39 ECM as a selection...