Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Lockup

Default No Lockup

Have a 4L80E behind Duramax Diesel in 2006 Van, I can command Lockup on/off with Tuner but T42 will not do it. Is there anything else besides brake switch that would prohibit lockup?

Post tune file.

trans log 11 12.efi,, Some reason TSTATE 1-10 are not supported when I try to log. This is in 2006 Gm Duramax van

Lifetime Member

"I can command Lockup on/off with Tuner but T42 will not do it" Does this mean you are able to successfully command lockup and the transmission will lock up, but the programming in the TCM won't do it normally? Or does that mean when you command lockup, it doesn't do it at all?

If you are able to get lockup when you manually command it, then it's likely not a mechanically issue (good news), could be programming or mechanical (sensor). If it never locks up, could be either a wiring, programming, or mechanical issue (not as good of news).

Does it lock up when you put it in 3rd gear vs 4th? Is it shifting normally, or is it banging into gears?

Things that prohibit off the top of my head are lockup are brake switch and misfires (gas, not sure about behind a diesel).

Tune looks ok on quick glance, I'd have to find another stock tune to compare it. File says shift kit, did you pull it apart and put a shift kit in? Was lockup working before? What does the shift kit have you do for the TCC clutch and/or solenoid?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Heres a better log.Convertor.efi. But I have 12v at brake light switch and it looses 12v when depressed as designed. But nothing at controller, that signal would be 12v also correct? Thanks joecar.

has Shift kit, It is New Rossler Racing trans. Not sure if the lockup ever worked since I owned it with any trans. . Had it all manual operation. It locks on command but not programming in tcm. will not lock at all any gear. Trans shifts normal. I have power at B switch , looses power when pressed as normal . but not getting it at TCM. Should that be a 12v positive signal at TCM or a - Neg. (ground).

I checked today i get enough ground to give me a dim test light. With brake applied I get nothing. Tested at TCM Connector, I can command Lockup on HPTuner and it locks. Anybody have a suggestion.

Lifetime Member

If you're able to command lockup via EFILive DVTs or HPTuners, it's not a mechanical issue (most likely).

First thing I see is TFT never gets above 82F. The trans wont lock up until it's up to temp. If you have a massive cooler on it, you may need to bypass it as a test and see if TFT comes up and it'll command lockup. TCCMode never moves from OFF either, I'd expect it to change when the PCM is commanding lockup.

One thing in the PIDs is TCCECC-TCCEP says Failed as a Short to Power, not sure if that's needed or not.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    If you're able to command lockup via EFILive DVTs or HPTuners, it's not a mechanical issue (most likely).

First thing I see is TFT never gets above 82F. The trans wont lock up until it's up to temp. If you have a massive cooler on it, you may need to bypass it as a test and see if TFT comes up and it'll command lockup. TCCMode never moves from OFF either, I'd expect it to change when the PCM is commanding lockup.

One thing in the PIDs is TCCECC-TCCEP says Failed as a Short to Power, not sure if that's needed or not.
    From what I read TCC should apply above 72 degrees, I have had it warmer and still will not apply. I have not seen the tcmode change from OFF either.
    Ive been trying to find out if TCCES &TCCEP Failed means anything or not.
    Appreciate the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast