Thread: Help 2011 lml tunning problems programing tcm

Default Help 2011 lml tunning problems programing tcm

Had my tcm go bad and had it replaced and vin locked to my truck but my auto call wont alow me to install my trans tune back on the new tcm keep getting error code $053C and $0533 can anyone help the auto cal was programmed for my trucks serial number it wont let me read or flash or program

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Official_zach View Post
    Had my tcm go bad and had it replaced and vin locked to my truck but my auto call wont alow me to install my trans tune back on the new tcm keep getting error code $053C and $0533 can anyone help the auto cal was programmed for my trucks serial number it wont let me read or flash or program

Neither of those codes related to Serial mismatch.
    $053C - The author of the tune file has flagged the file to prevent calibration flashing. The file may only be full-flashed.
    $0533 - An attempt was made to license a controller when no free VIN licenses slots were available.

EFILive will offer a free VIN license where a controller is replaced and the EFILive Support investigation determines the issue was caused by the EFILive software. If the issue is not sent to EFILive for investigation, or the issue is not related to the EFILive software you will need to purchase another VIN license. You'll find more information on this here https://support.efilive.com/kb_artic...3889-RPAJ-5546

Cheers
    Cindy

How do i update autocal
    How do i send it in to be checked
    How do i get a free vin licence i can prove that the tcm is new i have parts recipe and can also prove that it was passthrough vin locked and i also have old tcm that was bad that has the tcm tune programed on it.

Lifetime Member

How do i update autocal
    You don't update the AutoCal unless your tuner tells you to. Your AutoCal software/firmware needs to remain compatible with your tuner's FlashScan device.
    How do i send it in to be checked [/QUOTE]What do you need checked? Your tune file is fine - you need a VIN license and must select FULL Flashing.
    How do i get a free vin licence i can prove that the tcm is new i have parts recipe and can also prove that it was passthrough vin locked and i also have old tcm that was bad that has the tcm tune programed on it.
    From the link in my previous post, EFILive will only provide a replacement VIN license where the failure was a result of EFILive software.
    VIN licenses may be replaced under the following circumstances:

1. Failure during a reflash using EFILive and the controller cannot be recovered. Customers must;
      1. Attempt to recover the controller using the Controller Recovery help document.
      2. If the controller can still not be recovered, you will be asked to provide:
        1. Error code details from the failed controller recovery flash.
        2. A copy of the tune file flashed into the controller that made the controller unresponsive. NOTE: If you did not write the tune file; you must obtain permission from the tuner to submit the tune file to EFILive.
        3. A copy of the trace file from the failed flash.

Support requests will ONLY be actioned when all information is provided.
      3. Once EFILive support has reviewed your support request, a decision will be made on VIN license replacement, or ECM repair.
      4. If your support request is successful, you will need to submit your sales invoice showing the replacement controller purchase prior to a replacement VIN license being issued.

2. The ECM / TCM has been replaced due to an electrical failure rendering the controller unusable.
      For controller electrical failures, a copy of the sales invoice showing the price and reason for replacement. If no reason for replacement is provided on the dealer paperwork EFILive will not provide a replacement VIN License.

EFILive will NOT replace a VIN license under the following circumstances:

1. Misdiagnosis of a faulty controller. Where the customer purchases and installs a replacement controller, but the original controller is recovered during the EFILive support investigation.
    2. Where the controller is replaced by a dealer / workshop in the hope of fixing an issue not related to tuning.
    3. Controller is locked by a Tuner. Customers should have the controller unlocked where possible.
    4. Controller is unresponsive due to parameters edited outside EFILive. (Typical symptoms are the flash completed ok but the controller becomes non responsive).
    5. Flash failure using any other product (eg, factory tools, other tuning product).
    6. Where the customer purchases and installs a replacement controller and does not proceed with the EFILive support investigation.
    7. Where a complementary VIN license has already been issued for the vehicle in question.

You can open your support ticket, and include your trace file here https://support.efilive.com/newticket.php

Cheers
    Cindy