When did this issue start? Was it after the BBI install? It could be one or more of the cross tubes for the injectors are not seated properly and bypassing fuel.

7400 PSI at idle does sound high. On a stock tune, idle should be around 5000 PSI. I have not seen idle that high on any of the modified tunes that I have either but I suppose everyone writes tunes differently.

I have never heard of anyone having issues flashing a new tune over a Smarty tune with EFILive. EFILive does a complete re-write of the ECM so it would over write whatever Smarty Tune is in there. Even when returning to "stock" with a Smarty, it has been shown that the resulting tune in the ECM is not really stock as it does not do a complete write of the ECM. This caused issues with some folks bricking ECMs early on when EFILive started supporting the Cummins tuning. EFILive now performs some checks and won't let you write a file with Check Sum errors like those that are found when using a Smarty "stock" file as a tuning base.