Thread: e92 won't read

Default e92 won't read

2019 Silverado, EFI V8 Version 8.2.24. Current boot block version 2.07.008, current firmware version 2.07.140. Won't recognize the ecm to begin to be able to get the auth code. It reads the t43 transmission controller just fine. engine is a 5.3L. Please help

Might have to contact EFILive...maybe they didn’t break into that particular operating system yet.

Probably isn't an E92 at all, in 2019 GM changed the 5.3L ECM and it now uses a new ECM called an E90 (which we don't and maybe never will support).
    In a recent software update we have added checks for this so people won't get caught out with it.
    If you can see the ECM can you take a picture of it?, they are a lot longer than the E92 was.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yes I have purchased 12 Authentication codes for the 2019 Silverado's but when trying to read the ECM --Nothing happens
    Why does EFILIVE sell you a new Authentication code for $50 on a 2019 when the ECM is still NOT supported ???
    I spent $600 for these new codes and still cannot tune a 2019 !!
    The truth would be nice !!!!
    PS the latest Beta download suggested they would be supported however they are not My competitors with HP claim they can tune them ---What's up ????

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by tblu92 View Post
    Yes I have purchased 12 Authentication codes for the 2019 Silverado's but when trying to read the ECM --Nothing happens
    Why does EFILIVE sell you a new Authentication code for $50 on a 2019 when the ECM is still NOT supported ???
    I spent $600 for these new codes and still cannot tune a 2019 !!
    The truth would be nice !!!!
    PS the latest Beta download suggested they would be supported however they are not My competitors with HP claim they can tune them ---What's up ????
    Controller auth generation was based off controller selection to generate the auth-code. If you manually select E92 as the controller to read, but then attempted to read an E90 the software generated an auth-code prior to determining a controller mis-match. Likewise, if you select E78 and attempted to read an E92 the software generated an auth-code. If you use Auto-Detect to select the controller, the correct controller will be returned, or in the case of E88 or E90, no controller will be detected.

In September we released an update to prevent this mis-match, https://www.efilive.com/latest/downl...-beta-release/
    Controller Auth code now validates the physical controller against the selected controller ID when the read function commences to ensure only valid auth-codes are generated.

If you'd like to message me with your 12 codes and EFILive order numbers we will follow the codes through back to the operating system #, and any generated for an unsupported controller will be refunded. You can either PM me or email me at cindy@efilive.com

E92 is fully supported, we keep adding new operating systems as they are sent for support. We have not stated anywhere that E88 or E90 are supported. At this point they will not be supported due to the additional security measures on these controllers.

Cheers
    Cindy

Ok when trying to read any 2019 we could not get the AUTO DETECT to work so I just kept trying to get the Authen code and it came up when we read it with the E92
    All of the 2019's i could not tune and got the new Authen code for were PRE the new Beta realease------So are you telling me that now with the new Beta release the auto detect will work and i will be able to get the correct number ??
    Also to clarify is the E90 E88 or other new 2019's ECM able to be tuned as of now IF we get the correct Authen number ???

Lifetime Member

Ok when trying to read any 2019 we could not get the AUTO DETECT to work so I just kept trying to get the Authen code and it came up when we read it with the E92
    All of the 2019's i could not tune and got the new Authen code for were PRE the new Beta realease------So are you telling me that now with the new Beta release the auto detect will work and i will be able to get the correct number ??
    Also to clarify is the E90 E88 or other new 2019's ECM able to be tuned as of now IF we get the correct Authen number ???
    As stated above 2019 E92 is supported. E88 or E90 are NOT supported. At this point they will not be supported due to the additional security measures on these controllers.

You will not be able to generate an auth-code for these controllers using beta software to prevent you from making a purchase you cannot use.

Please email me your auth-codes and EFILive order numbers we will follow the codes through back to the operating system #, and any generated for an unsupported controller will be refunded.

Cheers
    Cindy

THKS Sorry I may have exaggerated the number of authen codes I did buy that did not work ---- Actually there were only 3 of them. However I do have 9 2019's that I tried to read and could not get the auto detect to work so I did not buy new codes for those as I suspected there was a problem
    So just to clarify ---IF the auto detect does not pull up an E92 then that ECM is not supported ???

PS I have been a Pro tuner for 15 years now and I am not going to quibble over getting a refund on the 3 authen . codes that didn't work

It's one of those annoying situations where GM are crossing between controllers. Eg a 2019 1500 5.3L might still be using the E92 or it might be the updated E90 ECM.
    As a general rule if the auto-detect does not work then it is likely the ECM is not supported.

It is no problem to get those codes refunded, just let Cindy know and we will take care of it.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

THKS Sorry I may have exaggerated the number of authen codes I did buy that did not work ---- Actually there were only 3 of them. However I do have 9 2019's that I tried to read and could not get the auto detect to work so I did not buy new codes for those as I suspected there was a problem
    So just to clarify ---IF the auto detect does not pull up an E92 then that ECM is not supported ???

PS I have been a Pro tuner for 15 years now and I am not going to quibble over getting a refund on the 3 authen . codes that didn't work

No worries Tom. Totally your call. Happy to arrange a refund if we can reference it back to EFILive order numbers...

Cheers
    Cindy