Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calc_pids

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Calc_pids

Hey guys,

I have a new computer and I lost my calc_pids file that was working. In the past I've had really bad luck getting my calc_pids.txt right. I've tried about a dozen calc_pids.txt files that i've fond but none will show the pids to select them. It's almost as if the scantool is ignoring the calcpid files that I load because with the different files I never see additional pids that are available to select.

Does anyone have a known working file for LS1B? I would try to modify it to work for my situation. I'm trying to take my AEM analog wideband signal into the scantool.

-Using V7.5.28
    -file location: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Installation Defaults\User Configuration

Thanks,
    Greg

03 Silverado 5.3 ECSB 4x4 Z71
    Comp Cam 206/212 .515/.522 112 lSA, hardened rods with LS9 springs

2010 Tahoe VVT AFM 5.3
    Stock for now

I think what you need is a .pid file located in the PIDs folder, not the calc_pids file under User Configuration. I struggled with this for days, still don't understand it really but attached one that at least allows you to select the PID in the scan tool.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by macanic21 View Post
    I think what you need is a .pid file located in the PIDs folder, not the calc_pids file under User Configuration. I struggled with this for days, still don't understand it really but attached one that at least allows you to select the PID in the scan tool.
    got it figured out!

Short story: There are two calc_pids.txt files. The one you need to modify is located in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

Long story: I put the two files you sent me into the folder on the c drive and noticed that the "pid LS1.pid" file didn't show up when I went to open in the scantool. I then looked carefully at the folder path the scantool was showing and realized there are identical files kept in the efilive folder kept in "My Documents". There's also another "User Configuration" folder in there identical to the one kept on the c drive under program files.

Thanks for the help!

2010 Tahoe VVT AFM 5.3
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by macanic21 View Post
    You have to remember to add CALC.ERROR as a percentage to VE (i.e. add (VE * {CALC.ERROR} / 100) to VE)...

it is simpler to define CALC.BEN as {CALC.AEM_AFR}/{GM.AFR} and multiply VE by it.

You got it going...?

I have had no luck getting calc_pids to work. Any other advice? I tried to write my own as per the tutorial as well as save several from the forum to my user configuration file. Nothing seems to make them appear. ???

Post your calc_pids.txt file here, let me have a look.

I gave up on this but am at the point where I need a calc_pids file for my 2010 tahoe 5.3. It's an E38 controller. I need something that I can use with my AEM wideband with analog output.

2010 Tahoe VVT AFM 5.3
    Stock for now

I like to use {CALC.AEM_AFR}*{GM.EQIVRATIO}.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregs View Post
    I gave up on this but am at the point where I need a calc_pids file for my 2010 tahoe 5.3. It's an E38 controller. I need something that I can use with my AEM wideband with analog output.
    Those pids won't work for E38... instead of GM.AFR or GM.EQIVRATIO, use SAE.LAMBDA, but you have to check its sense (whether it is really lambda or really EQR), and then either divide or multiply by it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast