Thread: Ive got P0700 amd P182E problems

Default Ive got P0700 amd P182E problems

Hi Guys, Ive had a read through most of these 6L80e posts, but cant find anything...
    I have a 2014 VF L77 and 6L80e in my VS ute, and has been running fine for 3 years
    A couple of days ago my speedo stopped working, which I thought would be a simple fix.....
    Anyway tried another speedo today, and no go, so then I started checking things out in more detail, and didn't really disturb anything, but next minute it wont crank over.... what a great way to ruin your Saturday
    I tried all the tricks I know, including removing trans connector, and then bridging canbus wires and bridging pk/n with Gnd, and then it cranked and started. So I pinned out all trans wires back to ecm and everything was fine..
    At the start relay, I wasn't getting a ground signal, so I grounded that and it would start, but no gears at all until I removed earth, where I only had R and 3rd.
    I could link to TCM and read, and had P0700 and P182E codes.
    I have seen where TCM's have been removed and when reinstalled, have left the manual switch lever off and this does the same thing....
    Are these Manual Switch assembly (308 as shown in Joecars) diagram known to fail
    Mine has only done about 60,000 kms all up from new.
    Anyone got any tips???
    Im wondering if theres any relationship to the speedo failing and hope it hasn't pooped the TCM.... starnge I can still Link and read though...
    Btw, when it was running fine this morning the speed was showing in the scanner, which I believe comes from pin 16 to J1-71. I haven't tested for square wave yet out of J1-57 to speedo
    Any help appreciated

Has anyone seen these codes at all, from an unopened 6L80e, or have you seen the selector switch fail, or seen the TCM fail, even though I can still read and link to it.
    Thanks in advance

The selector switches can fail, but not usually.

Also, there might be several broken wires in the subharness which were making contact until you touched the harness when you replaced the VSS sensor.

Just an update with this.....
    After proving that my 2014 TCM had a slight failure, which is weird, because it still linked and seemed ok, except it wouldn't give an Park Neutral signal out, I decided to connect another old valve body from a undesirable 2007 model, so I dragged it underneath the vehicle and plugged it in making sure selector slide was in Park position, and it would start and run.... plug the 2014 one back in, no go.
    So I figured it must be the internal selector switch, so off with the pan and replaced that, but still no go...
    Now just to remind you.... this started off with speedo failure.... then no crank....
    It was time to try another valve body, but I couldn't find another 2014 24267576, but I did have a 2011 24256125, and corresponding ECM with AAR2.... so I installed that complete, (remember this is in a conversion that everything worked perfect in for 3 years) which fixed the crank issue..... but still no speedo.
    I had no idea where the speed sensors were.... so I googled that and found a photo of them, yes them, as there are 2 which run under the main drum on top of the valve body, which I realised were the TISS and the TOSS, so you guessed it, out with valve body again, and replaced that as well, even though it was already changed complete with valve body.... and.... still no speed signal... WT????
    I've got to say here the 2014 7576 TCM/valve body ( from 2014 Holden Calais) is far superior to the 6124, and even has TCC lockup in 2nd gear.... I tried copy and pasting those tables over, but the 6124 didn't like it, and it took a lot of time to get the 6124 and AAR2 to shift like the 2014 setup....

So the question now is, has anyone had speed sensor failures with this trans??
    In Australia, our VE Commodore uses the ABS signal for the speed signal, and consequently doesn't have the VSS output pin in the TCM connector in pin 16, whereas the later VF Commodore does, and I believe all if not most USA vehicles do have pin 16.... true or false???
    I include pin 16 in all my new harnesses which runs to pin X1-71 at the ECM and then outputs at X1-57 to the actual speedo, and I add these to all my converted VE harnesses for conversions, and along with the correct settings in the speed sensor area, this then runs most electronic speedos..... except mine... lol
    Has anyone had experience with these failing....
    In the advertisement I found showing a photo and replacement, it described it as replacing earlier faulty versions...
    I have no trouble codes.... I have speed showing in the Scantool, and of course all gear shifts are working perfect, but no output... so that tells me the TOSS is outputting to TCM, but not outputting from there..
    Any ideas??