Thread: I want to start tuning my own truck without taking it to a shop!! What do i need?

Lightbulb I want to start tuning my own truck without taking it to a shop!! What do i need?

Hey everyone,
    I have an 03 lb7 and it has efi live already. I am stationed in San Diego and the shop i had it tuned at is in North Carolina, so I am looking to start tuning it myself instead of taking it to a random shop in California that i know nothing about. What all would i need to run my own tunes? I know i will need an auto cal like the v2 and a laptop, but since it already has efi live, would i need to have to get a licensing code or anything else that i'm unaware of? Any advice would help. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam03lb7Dmax View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I have an 03 lb7 and it has efi live already. I am stationed in San Diego and the shop i had it tuned at is in North Carolina, so I am looking to start tuning it myself instead of taking it to a random shop in California that i know nothing about. What all would i need to run my own tunes? I know i will need an auto cal like the v2 and a laptop, but since it already has efi live, would i need to have to get a licensing code or anything else that i'm unaware of? Any advice would help. Thanks!
    You will need the V2 for GM and it comes with a couple licenses. You will probably need to locate you a stock file to work with. Might ask the shop who tuned it last for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    You will need the V2 for GM and it comes with a couple licenses. You will probably need to locate you a stock file to work with. Might ask the shop who tuned it last for that.
    Ok, thanks for the info! As far as loading tunes would I be able to use existing tunes on the efi live software or would I have to build my own?

Quote Originally Posted by Cam03lb7Dmax View Post
    Ok, thanks for the info! As far as loading tunes would I be able to use existing tunes on the efi live software or would I have to build my own?
    You can try and read the file. Most likely going to be locked to stop reading it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    You can try and read the file. Most likely going to be locked to stop reading it though.
    I