Quote Originally Posted by jeeper View Post

I do want to state here that I realize I may have the wrong accelerator pedal but it does seem to be reading correctly. According to the information I found on line the 2006 LBZ is supposed to have GM part 15233970 but I am using a 25832864 pedal assembly.

It is the same pedal I have in my 2008 Chevy and I compared the values in that tune to the values the LBZ is expecting and they match exactly. Also when I monitor the pids both readings are identical for APP_D and TP_A. My assumption is it should work.
Another follow up. The engine did finally start. It took lots of persistence. I never cranked the starter over for more than 15-20 seconds at a time and only did that up to three times consecutively to be sure I didn't over heat the starter. I would put a battery charger on the battery and set the timer on it for about 40 minutes. Whenever I noticed the battery charger wasn't charging I would feel the starter motor to be sure it wasn't hot and would try again.

It seemed that it was getting closer to starting each attempt. After several days (on and off attempts) it finally started.

So I can confirm that the pedal assembly listed above does indeed work with the LBZ.

So for a re-cap, I tied all the pink wires to a toggle switch that simulates the ignition in the run position. I took all the orange wires (3 in total) and tied them to always on battery positive. I tied a separate momentary switch to the battery positive and the purple wire that goes to the starter relay. I cranked and cranked and cranked some more until I finally got all the air out of the fuel system and the engine fired off and ran. It accelerates smoothly using the wrong APP. Easy peasy...

I want to thank everyone who chimed in to help me with this.