Thread: Skipping bytes in .cax for 2d tables?

Default Skipping bytes in .cax for 2d tables?

Is it possible in .cax when building a 2D table to have it skip bytes for each segment of the table? For example if working 8bit values, I have a column of % and it's associated column of Nm, and the table alternates in the binary between %,Nm,%,Nm

Is this for the insane 68RFE transmission tables by chance?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yes sir it is. If it’s possible to create a normal looking 2D parameter with how the tables are laid out in the transmission section that would be awesome. Really sucks having to create 16 separate parameters for an 8 breakpoint table.

I know for the 07.5-2012’s on HP Tuners I can skip bytes and create a normal looking table, UDC Pro/Warp doesn’t allow to skip bytes with their user defined parameters setup and it’s a a real pain.

Well this thing is we have those type of tables supported in the software, so we can do them but I'm not sure how you do it in a .cax (I never use .cax files so I don't know).
    I'll have to ask around for you.

By the way, this is the most insane way of storing a table I have ever seen, I really don't know what the Chrysler engineers were thinking.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks, much appreciated! So far the only possible way I’ve been able to think of is just even more work, having each individual breakpoint as an individual parameter then create a parameter to link them together I’m the columns and rows labels of the .cax. I haven’t tried that to see what would happen but it’s just what seems like unnecessary extra work and space to produce the result of a normal 2D table in the fashion the software displays them.

Agreed, I don’t understand why Chrysler decided to layout the 2D tables the way they did either, makes no sense. They didn’t do that in the 48RE and the 3D tables in the 68RFE are pretty normal like everything else. Just them damn 2D tables for the 68RFE!

The Chrysler engineers were probably thinking “Man, this is some good weed... It’s giving me some great ideas right now!” when they wrote the control software for the transmission. Haha.

Did you ever figure out a solution for this?