Thread: CCV Trouble Code after SOTF Accessory

Default CCV Trouble Code after SOTF Accessory

Greetings All,

I recently deleted a 2017 Cummins and over the weekend I installed a Shift on the Fly accessory cable that runs from my Edge CTS2 to the CCV sensor pigtail under the hood. Now Im getting intermittent Crank Case Vent pressure codes since this sensor is unplugged. Edge says this shouldn't happen. Does this parameter need to be included in the tuning (EFI Live Autocal) ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry but you need to speak to your tune provider about this, EFILive software does not support delete tuning for these vehicles so they must have created the tune outside EFILive.
    Not only that but EFILive switchable tuning on these is done via the CAN bus and not the CCV sensor, I have no idea what that is all about.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well that’s odd, since Edge sells the product as a replacement for a DSP switch and I can switch tunes from the CTS monitor and it works fine. I just don’t want the check engine light from the unplug CCV sensor

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtn View Post
    I just don’t want the check engine light from the unplug CCV sensor
    Fair enough, but as I said no EFILive tuning switches tunes using the CCV sensor input so this must be the tuners own work. Whoever provided you that 'switchable tune' is who you need to speak with to get it resolved.
    For what it is worth, EFILive has no partnership or affiliation with Edge, if they say something works with EFILive it was not something both companies worked on in partnership.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

OK I appreciate it, I will probably just order a CSP switch

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtn View Post
    OK I appreciate it, I will probably just order a CSP switch
    The Edge CSP switch does works the same as SOTF cable provided by your tuner.

EFILive CSP switching DOES NOT USE THE CCV SENSOR INPUT! CSP is an EFILive product, not Edge.
    Edge even has on their website that their switch does not work with EFILive switchable tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    EFILive CSP switching DOES NOT USE THE CCV SENSOR INPUT! CSP is an EFILive product, not Edge.
    Edge even has on their website that their switch does not work with EFILive switchable tuning.
    Sorry my bad. I use EAS SOTF Connected to my CTS2 monitor to change tunes on my 2019 HO Cummins with no issues. However I left the the SOTF cable unattached in the engine compartment just in case something happens to my monitor.

What? So how does it change tunes? One and goes into the accessory system cord that connects with the OBD two plug. Where does the other end go?

I admittedly got information misrepresented to me by a live chat session with ( nameless online high-performance diesel company )

Sorry I don