Thread: MM3 limits on 2350B

Default MM3 limits on 2350B

Hello, I just switched from UDC to EFI LIve and have hit the same limiter on both programs. Something is not allowing the air/ fuel map {B3618} to control over 250 mm3 on either program. The only limit I see that corresponds to this is on the main injection pulse fuel axis- Efi live limit {D0506}. Does any one know if there is a way to modifiy this limit?

Quote Originally Posted by Wideopen121 View Post
    Hello, I just switched from UDC to EFI LIve and have hit the same limiter on both programs. Something is not allowing the air/ fuel map {B3618} to control over 250 mm3 on either program. The only limit I see that corresponds to this is on the main injection pulse fuel axis- Efi live limit {D0506}. Does any one know if there is a way to modifiy this limit?
    Why do you need to go over 250mm3 in pickup ECM? You should be able to obtain full fuel far before hitting that MM3.

Yes, obtaining full fueling at my set duration has been successful. I am shooting for a high hp dpf on truck (1000+) Controlling the air/fuel ratio while the turbos come up is difficult if the ecm does not know the ammount of fuel that the injectors are actually flowing. I hit this limit after i put a set of 80% injectors in, udc did not control them very well, efi is running clean and good, i may be ocd but i like things to be just so, i would like my dash to display correctly and have things working as the software was designed. I have plenty of air left for bigger injectors and would like to get some 150% ������

In 7.5 if you go to Edit>Properties>Options you will see a box to check to exceed EFI Recomended limits. This will let you modify your D0506 axis higher the 250. If you don't have the ability to work in Hex you may run into other limits getting higher then it is. Just quick looking around in Hex here is a couple maps you will also hit depending on how far you go (See ScreenshotsAttachment 23170
    Attachment 23171

If your DPF on with compounds you need to be limiting bottom end more not top. You should easily be able to obtain what your after withing 170mg/stroke honestly even with 200% injectors. If it is causing dpf to plug up on the top end then you have too much fuel for you air. Just cut PW down some. If you are plugging it up when you stabbing the thottle then look at where you low boost fuel limiting is coming in to. If your not plugging DPF up and having issues with NOX look at timing and Rail Pressure. You shouldn't need to go change mg/stroke limits. It is really only a reference not what the truck is 100% physically doing exactly.

Your screen shots did not come through, could you pm them to me? I am interested to see which lines of code you are referring to. I am not proficient in hex... yet, Coding is very interesting to me and im going to start playing around with it and see if i can figure things out as there are many other tables i would like to have in efi for my truck.

I found that option and set it past 250 but there seems to be something else holding things back at 250. I was fighting the air fuel down low making a bunch of soot, so i did some more manipulation of the fuel axis and have it pretty dialed in. You are correct, i am able to ramp up pw fairly aggressively after 170-180mg/ stroke, the turbos (67/488) seem to be up in their efficiency range by then and take whatever i throw at them without making a bunch of soot.
    150% injectors will be here friday I will let you know how those go, I have high hopes to break 1000 hp without the diesel smoke and smell!!!