Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wideband data freezes in V8

Just want to post an update here, will be trying a fix from a member here with the gauge to see if it helps
    MIKE

Did you get it working...?

( sorry, I've been out of town on work, and now I'm interviewing for for another job )

Quote Originally Posted by ToonerSQUAD89 View Post
    has anyone had this issue. still cant resolve it
    Late to reply, here but fired up EFILive to log. Selected pids into V2 then went for drive, same issue after few minutes logging fine data freezes.
    Aem uego x series on can

Looks like back to HPT works fine

I have a re-flash mod for the 30-0334 that has fixed some freeze issues w/ V8.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    I have a re-flash mod for the 30-0334 that has fixed some freeze issues w/ V8.
    Thanks dr.mike.

How does a user update their 30-0334 (is there a url)...?

They will have to send the gauge in to me for re-flash. There is no good way to do it, in the field.

PM for shipping info, if needed.

-mike

I am having the same issue with my G8. I have 2 AEM 30-0334 widebands, one for each bank, both plugged into the OBDII port. The gauges always show the actual Lambda, but the signal freezes in EFI Live V8 Scan. They don't always freeze at 4 minutes, the freeze time varies. Sometimes only one bank will freeze and the other bank will continue logging. I have been working around this by looking at STFTs for part throttle tuning, but I really need to get this figured out for WOT/Open Loop tuning.

Dr. Mike - are you saying this is an issue with the AEMs and not EFI Live V8 Scan?

It's not very practical for me to ship my gauges right now. Is there any other way to solve this?

Thanks.

It's not super clear why this happens. I have a firmware patch for the 30-0334 that seems to solve the issue. for those who jave tried it. But, it is, technically, a violation of the OBDII stanfard.

Dr. Mike - thanks for the quick response. Have you shared the firmware patch info with AEM?

When I called AEM about this issue, they said they think it's either caused by the FlashScanV2 hardware or EFI Live V8 Scan software, because the gauges themselves were reading correctly and not freezing. Perhaps AEM could make a firmware fix available to all 30-0334 owners if they had some guidance as to what the root cause of the issue is.

They know about it. But :

1. This has been a rare and intermittent problem.

and

2. To get it to stop "freezing" with EFILive V8, the firmware has to "technically" violate the OBDII protocol standard. So, it would be "non-conforming". i.e. are you allowed to call it OBDII compatible, if it, technically, isn't ?

So, I do not know if they will incorporate that patch into their production code.

On the plus side, the patch seems to have worked for everyone who has tried it. And, since EFILive is running the bus, and does not mind the patch, everything seems safe. But, if a different scanner were attached, that needed everything to conform to the standard, it could, possibly, break something.

If you want to send your gauges to me for re-FLASH, send me a PM.

Oh, also, the patch improves the 30-0334 serial data connection. With faster updates and an extra digit of accuracy, if you ever need to go that way. So, there is that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast