Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E92 Alpha-N (RPM vs TPS) Tuning

Default E92 Alpha-N (RPM vs TPS) Tuning

Does the E92 ECM support Alpha-N (RPM vs TPS) tuning in stock form? If so, how would I go about configuring the ECM to operate in said mode? If not, can a custom OS be applied or developed to/for this ECM to support Alpha-N based tuning? My apologizes if this is posted in the wrong sub-forum.

I'll take that as a 'no' then?

Lifetime Member

What app has you needing alpha-n?

2019 5.3 with Individual Throttle Bodies. Nothing crazy, trying to see if the E92 ECM is capable of handling these - else I'll just stick with a traditional SBC/ BBC.

If there was a standalone ecu available for these motors and a 6L transmission, I would of gone that way, but alas - the aftermarket has yet to catch up.

Like I said, nothing crazy. 5.3, ITB's, 8K rpm, and some Q16. I had a B20V with this exact formula, made 263 whp at 8K rpm; had a CNC'd head built for 11k RPM, but sold the setup before I dyno'd it. Figured a screaming 5.3 would make for some fun.

I originally had plans to go with VP's M5, but that would require a completely different fuel system - which doesn't exist in the aftermarket - yet.

Also, I am a C programmer. If it's a matter of modifying a binary or working with hex dumps, I have no issues with that.

Lifetime Member

There's aftermarket options. We are working with Emtron on them. DI with 6L or 4L will be testing shortly.

As far as the E92. We will have Mefi 7 ready soon for public consumer.

Very interesting. For clarification, the unit being developed with Emtron; is that a full standalone with integrated 6L support, or is the 6L side of things a separate module?

Regarding MEFI 7, is that a standalone replacement for the E92? Wire-in, pin-compatible,...

Would I be correct in assuming the two proposed controller stacks are:

(1) Emtron (+ Emtron TCM?)
    (2) MEFI 7 + (Some 6L controller)

or...

(1) Emtron + MEFI 7 (Emtron handling the transmission side and MEFI 7 handling the engine side of things?)

Lifetime Member

Both are single controller, no secondary needed. Mefi 7 is an E92.... What rig will this be in? Do you need to retain full chassis CAN messaging?

That's awesome. This application is a 2019 Silverado (2wd), 5.3 with a 6L. The ability to retain full chassis CAN messaging would be nice, but not a must; would the MEFI 7 be the better choice in this case?

On that note, could the Emtron unit be used to control a 6L transmission behind a mechanically injected engine, e.g. (Enderle). If so, what inputs would be required? RPM, TPS, ...

Lifetime Member

I really don't want to clog up the forum and make this sound like an ad or self promotion. Feel free to send me an email. Josh@custombuiltmotors.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast